Dive Timor Lorosae

Avenida de Portugal, Dili, East Timor
www.divetimor.com - +670 77237092
Dive Timor Lorosae - shoal of barracuda
Dive Timor Lorosae - shoal of barracuda
Dive Timor Lorosae - The backside and frontside of Jesus are common dive sites.
Dive Timor Lorosae - DTL team with some local kids
Dive Timor Lorosae - seahorse
Dive Timor Lorosae - frogfish
Dive Timor Lorosae - DTL boat

Dive Timor Lorosae Dili Reviews

alexchan alexchan
Handy dive operator in Dili Jun 20, 2013
I had heard that diving in this new country was good because during the Indonesian occupation, people didn’t have access to explosives so they couldn’t fish with dynamite. So much of the coral is unspoilt.

I wasn’t disappointed with the coral on my first (and only) when I dived the Backside of Jesus (that’s the name of the divesite behind Cristo Rei statue). There weren’t many fish to see. The most significant things were one moray and one shrimp.

It is probably an average dive for some people. But as I’ve been so spoilt with my diving experiences, I decided against doing the second dive which had been described as “similar”.

To be fair, not many world capitals have diving just off the main road! Other divers say that this was the least interesting of their dives, and that other dives had been slightly better. We’ve also been told that Atauro Island would be even better.

But as I have Alor Island and the Gilis on my itinerary, I decided that one dive in Timor Leste was adequate.

THE DIVE OPERATOR

I dived with Dive Timor Lorosae; they were handily located. Everything was reasonably well organised and there were no surprises with equipment or anything else :-)

They were very cool to let me play things by ear and not to commit to two dives on the day.

It's not their fault that the fish weren't there, as it isn't an aquarium (unlike Sipadan)!
The backside and frontside of Jesu…
luke_ luke_
Best Timor Leste diving option! Nov 04, 2012
Planned a week dive holiday in Timor Leste and after emailing 2 dive centres I found online, received a quick reply answering all my questions from Dive Timor Lorosae (still waiting for the other to reply 5 weeks later).

Dive Timor Lorosae (DTL) also has accommodation option from very nice apartments with living areas and kitchens to smaller very clean and comfortable rooms with a shared bathroom as well as kitchen, pool and internet.

Diving was brilliant as I had 2 days boat diving the pristine coral reefs around Atauro Island where a Hammerhead Shark was spotted and dolphins joined us for a part of the journey home! I also took 3 trips along the coast about 1.5 hours drive outside of Dili in which you can enjoy great coastal views and see very traditional villages on the way. This trip includes 2 dives and lunch and DTL will go with even just 2 divers! Finally I had a day of local dives around Dili and though not expecting much, was happily surprised! These dives turned out to be among my favorite and most varied dives with coral reefs boasting everything from huge groupers to tiny nudibranchs to mucky slopes and piers containing frogfish, ghost pipefish and more!

Other facilities at DTL were great with good washing and storing areas for personal dive equipment, friendly and helpful staff, delicious restaurant/bar just upstairs and good common hang out area with plenty of fish ID books and a BBQ that we took advantage of one evening with other divers and some of the staff!

Highly recommend diving and staying with DTL to anyone!
DTL team with some local kids
DTL boat