Dive Operator on Praslin in Seychelles

Praslin, Seychelles

Dive Operator on Praslin in Seychelles Reviews

alexchan alexchan
Nice dive operator on Praslin in Seychelles Jul 18, 2012
I did two dives over two days with Octopus Divers at on Praslin Island, Seychelles. It is a Swiss-owned outfit with nice friendly staff. They are located in the compounds of the Berjaya Resort at Anse Volbert (Cote D'Or).

They do two standard outings a day at 0900 and 1400. In addition, there is a daily introduction to scuba mid-morning and a night dive on Wednesdays.

When I was there, it appeared most people just do one dive. I suppose it gives more time to laze around with family. If you want to do two dives, there's a little wait in between. They can supply you box lunch at a price that's much cheaper than a restaurant and the quality is good. The beach here is very nice and you can hang out in between or after your dive.

All the equipment I used were in good working order. Paperwork and handling of equipment was prompt and orderly. They say that one dive master will look after a max of 6 clients, but on both my dives it was one dive master to two clients.

Unfortunately, diving here seems a bit hit-and-miss unlike say in Malaysia or Indonesia.

* My first dive (Chanel Rocks) was like swimming in a desert with nothing to see.

* My second (Red Point) was very rewarding with a school of humpback parrotfish (looks the same as a Napoleon Wrasse to my untrained eyes). There must have been around 20 of those ginormous creatures in that school. There were also quite a few octopuses, a black-tip shark and mantis shrimp (amongst plenty of other creatures).

Pricing:

* Currently dives are priced at EUR55 including all equipment; or EUR45-50 if you have your bits and bobs.

* Bear in mind that a dive at EUR55 is about half the price of a full-day snorkelling trip (including lunch).

* They advertise a pick-up service but I was surprised to find that it includes taking you home (rather than just one way). The transport sealed the deal for me. A return taxi from another part of the island could easily cost the same price as a dive!

I'd happily dive with them Octopus Divers again.

Check Praslin Hotel Deals