Dive Courses

Koh Tao, Thailand

Dive Courses Koh Tao Reviews

umbralwalker umbralwa…
May 02, 2006
If you are interested in diving, particularly beyond the Open Water course, there is no better and cheaper place to do it than Ko Tao. The island is full of dive shops, so it's more difficult to avoid one than to find one, but the best place we found to do a course is Reef Riders.

Reef Riders has introductory Open Water courses for 8500b, including free bungalow to stay in for the 4 days of the course [which can save you 250+baht per day]. Since we were staying in Tao Tong Two and loved it there, they offered us 200b/day discounts on the courses, putting the Open Water course at 7700b and the Advanced Dive course at 7600b (originally 8000b).

The instructors are mostly from Germany, speak excellent English, were skilled, helpful and a LOT of fun. Reef Riders is relatively new to the island so their gear is new and in excellent condition. Because they are new, and located on the southern coast of the island that is a little hard to get to, they offer great dive course deals and have small, sometimes one-on-one classes.

They offer free pick-up from the main pier if you are staying near there, or if you are staying at Tao Tong Two (which I highly recommend) you can walk there in about 20 minutes, which is what we did.

After completing a course of any kind with them, Fun Dives are 600b, which includes all gear and equipment, fruit, coffee, tea and cookies on the boat, and they pack up and clean your gear for you afterwards. If you have your own gear there is a 15% discount.

Simply put, you would be hard pressed to find a more inexpensive and beautiful place to complete dive courses, from Open Water to Dive Master, than Reef Riders and Ko Tao. Do yourself a favor and go.

[At the time of this writing the exchange rate in Bangkok was 38b/1 USD, and on the island was 36.5b/1 USD.]
peter001 says:
This is really true. I make holiday since 5 yers in Koh Tao and always in Reef Rider Dive Center/ Laem Klong Dive Resort. And always i enjoy my holiday in a relaxed environment. Everyone in this area is experienced and in a good mood.
www.reef-riders.com
Posted on: Apr 11, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Dive Courses

Dan, Ben and Steves tour of South East Asia 2002
Wednesday 3rd April 2002 After 10 uncomfortable hours on lufthansa’s finest 747 we landed at Hong Kong’s Chek lap kok airport at about 7am, unfortunately we’d had seats in the middle row so di…Koh Tao to the Chumpon pinnacle dive site. We all got into the water using the ‘James Bond’ entry as our dives were filmed today by a girl called Ruth…
Final days in Bangkok and a new destination (delayed entry)
So, I woke up on Thursday morning not knowing where Mike was. Go figure. I spent time up to the early afternoon switching hotels because we forgot to let the hotel staff know we were extending our st…Koh Tao. Since this was a delayed entry (originally typed after the 3rd day of my Open Water Diving course
CFD
Diving in Koh Tao
Koh Tao - Getting my PADI Open water and some sighseeingI went to Koh Tao because people have told me that there is great diving here in Koh Tao and there are a ton of diveshops offering quite afford…diving here in Koh Tao and there are a ton of diveshops offering quite affordable Open Water courses. When i went…

Check Koh Tao Hotel Deals