Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Distrito Philadelphia Reviews

sharara1 sharara1
Jose Garce's University City gem Jul 13, 2011
First of all, the inside decor is a feast for your eyes - even if you don't like pink and lime green on your walls usually, trust me, you'll love it in here!!

The food is pretty good. It is tapas style, so be prepared to pay a pretty penny - and don't expect huge portions.

They start you off with their spicy-lime peanuts - and they are completely addictive.

We tried the Huaraches los Hongos - which was this pizza/flatbread type thing, and it was so distinct and awesome in flavor. A hint of lime in each bite.

We also tried the esquites. Which was completely different than anything I've had before. I'm not sure if I liked the presentation of it. Its basically a corn dish in a sauce of lime, cilantro, etc. The taste is excellent - but it is served in a martini glass, which - altho looks cool and trendy, is just annoying to eat from.

Since we had been eating all day, we didn't get an entree. Instead we went straight to dessert.

The dessert menu of course called out to us - and we ended up getting the flourless chocolate cake for two. One word: WOW.

Check Philadelphia Hotel Deals