Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside

Check Lake Buena Vista Hotel Deals

Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside Lake Buena Vista Reviews

Hurster97 Hurster97
First and last stay at this resort. Mar 31, 2011
The grounds of this resort are very well kept and really quite pleasant. The food offerings are great, service was mediocre.

Disney transportation was a nightmare. This is a huge resort and crowds would fill the busses before they made the complete loop. Even midday returns from the parks-the bus stops would have two loads in line, where the other resorts would have few if any guests waiting.

Room noise level was horrible. You could hear every footstep, toilet flush and crying child in the building. Beds were basic and the pillows lumpy.

Mousekeeping was average, but I know the vaccuum was never run the entire week I stayed there. (crumbs under edge of bed on arrival and departure)

I have stayed at other "moderates" at WDW and have not experienced the above mentioned. I highly recommend Carribbean Beach if you choose to stay at a moderately priced resort on property.
michaelr510 michaelr…
Disney trip Jun 09, 2011
Had a great trip to Disney last week. Had a lot of fun. The hotel was incredible. Very nice, clean, grounds were beautiful. Very impressed by the work that the staff did. Do not have 1 bad thing I can think of about this property. I definetly recommend.
huddleston huddlest…
Beautiful and Tranquil Apr 09, 2010
I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside for a week during Spring Break 2005. I was visiting a friend who was participating in the College program and working at Disney World. I traveled with three other girlfriends, and we had a grand time. We wanted to stay on Disney property, but were hoping to avoid the crowded value hotels. The girls and I (with the help of a generous discount from our friend) decided on Port Orleans.

The grounds are beautiful and tranquil. There are winding paths surrounded by huge trees and a lovely river. The rooms are in little compound pods, and the buildings are designed to look like riverside, Victorian mansions in Louisiana. The vibe is amazing! I was up bright and early running on the path and reading in the shade by the pool. I just couldn’t get enough of the beautiful grounds! The pool area is nice, and we never had a problem finding a place to lie out and relax. There is no over-the-top pool theme here, but the understated pools fit perfectly into the beautiful surrounding scenery.

The room, overall, was a bit disappointing. Ours was clean, but the bed left something to be desired. There is a big wardrobe with drawers containing a large TV, table and a couple of chairs, two sinks with a large mirror outside the bathroom, with a clothes rail and shelf to the side. Our room had a miniature fridge, which was great. We bought cereal and milk on our way to the hotel from the airport. We saved oodles of moolah by doing breakfast this way. The bathroom was small, but most Disney bathrooms are small. Our shower was nice though. The beds were where I found the most problems. The linens were a bit sad, and the mattress was in need of some TLC (or an upgrade). The beds were full size, not queen which I tend to find annoying anymore.

The resort has great amenities right on property. There is a decent food court (Disney food!!), which is open for all meals. There are also areas to rent bikes, boats, and other leisure equipment. We rented a 4 wheeled tandem bike, which proved to be quite ridiculous. I have not laughed that hard in a long time. It was a lot of fun. Bikes are a great way to explore the grounds. I really wanted to rent a ski doo or go fishing, but we just didn’t have enough time.

We loved the access to Disney Downtown on the water taxis. Right at the dock at the resort you can hop on a charming boat with an educated tour guide, and take a 20 minute trip to downtown Disney. It was a fun alternative to the busses. The boat winds through some really beautiful Disney property! The tour guide gives little snippets about the history of the area and some of the other properties you pass. Downtown Disney is great fun. We ate at a little sandwich place called Earl’s, which was the most reasonably priced food we found during our entire trip!

Staying at a Disney property definitely has its advantages. There are busses that pick up directly at the resort and drop you at all parks. The busses are convenient and frequent. I love taking public transportation in resort towns such as Disney. We met some great people on the busses, trams, and boats! Guests staying at resorts also get late night and early morning perks. Certain parks have additional hours for pass holders and people staying at resorts. Take advantage of these nights. The crowds are much more manageable.

There is no free internet, which is an amenity I have come to covet at hotels. I guess I didn’t really expect anything free at Disney, but no internet was a bit of a bummer.

Check in was a breeze, and the staff was amazing - what you come to expect from Disney cast members!

Overall I had an enjoyable time at Port Orleans. The beautiful grounds and good deal we got on the room, more than made up for what the resort was lacking!!!

Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside Overview

Downtown Disney surrounds this Lake Buena Vista accommodation, allowing for easy working travels and leisurely fun from one convenient location. Universal Studios and Walt Disney World resort are just a few minutes from the Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, as is the city of Lake Buena Vista. The working group will be offered close proximity to the important business sectors and buildings of the city, including many corporate headquarters just a short distance away. Other area attractions include world class golf, the Richard Petty Driving Expo, and a short drive toward Daytona Beach. There are many forms of public transportation frequent to this area, and the Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside is within thirty minutes’ drive of the airport.

Each guest suite at the Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside offers high speed Internet access, working stations, microwave and refrigerator, air conditioning, and cable television.

The Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside offers multiple dining and bar options, as well as access to 5 swimming pools, a fitness center, ample business and conference spaces, and lake access with sports and activities provided.

Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside Amenities

• Direct dial phone
  • Ticket Service
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower