Disney's Old Key West Resort

Disney's Old Key West Resort Lake Buena Vista Reviews

loripori loripori
Magical Kingdom of Disney Jan 13, 2017
Wednesday, October 28 to Sunday November 1, 2015

While attending the 2015 Orlando International Meet, Hans and I had the privilege of staying at DISNEY'S OLD KEY WEST RESORT in a Deluxe Studio Room.

Our room - #4220 - had a small kitchenette with a toaster, microwave, small refrigerator, coffeemaker and small bar sink. Disposable plates, bowls and plastic cutlery were provided as well as paper towels, dish soap and two dish towels. Coffee, creamer, sweetener and sugar supplied in small amounts.

The room had two queen size beds, a small table and two chairs, a 32" flat screen T.V. Inside the closet was a vacuum cleaner, iron, ironing board, and a safe. We also had a small patio with a table and two chairs.

Complimentary Wi-Fi service.

Just outside our door was a Stop for the Disney Bus shuttle.There was also plety of parking .

The swimming pool for our area was just a few minutes walk.

Overall a wonderful stay.
Lori at Disney Springs
Entrance to Old Key West Resort
Our building
Swimming Pool
diisha392 diisha392
Relaxing Time Share Nov 11, 2008
Honestly, when I go to Disney World, I want to stay on-site, but I don't plan on spending a lot of time at my resort. The point of the trip to be in the parks.

However, in my short two days at Old Key West, I found myself wishing for some more time to enjoy the place.

Check-in (I had to pick up a key) went smoothly and the concierge was very helpful when I bought my park ticket. A small store and restaurant are right across the walkway from the hospitality house. A dock out back provides boat transportation to Downtown Disney. Continuing along the boardwalk, we saw the main pool (with a very cool sandcastle slide, hot pool, and play area), snack shop, DVD rentals (free for Vacation Club members), and gym.

Our room was small but met our needs well. I loved the little balcony off the back (even if the view through the trees was a highway). The beds were comfy and had easy viewing of the TV. The kitchenette had a small refrigerator and microwave which was great for hot tea and cocoa in the evenings. Shelving above the microwave stored our treats. I have to admit though that storage for more than a few days was limited. The resort sent up Fiesta ware from the restaurant when my parents called down with a request for flatware studier than paper cups. The bathroom was spacious.

Our room was on the third floor so we got our exercise. I was also grateful that I had little luggage since there was not an elevator.

The walk to the bus stop was not long; however, predicting how many stops the bus would make within the resort (1-5) was not always easy.

Old Key West does have a golf course on property as well.

Disney's Old Key West Resort Overview

The area surrounding the Disney's Old Key West Resort is filled with amusements, sights, attractions, and entertainment, while the downtown business bustle is just minutes from the lobby doors, offering a quick resolution to all corporate, commercial, and financial tasks. Those who are here to experience the Walt Disney resort at its utmost are smack dab in the midst of it all, within easy distance to the Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney, Westside, and Epcot Center. For tours outside of the resort, guests will enjoy a quick commute to Universal Studios, SeaWorld, the Richard Petty Driving Expo, and JFK Space Center. The airport is less than thirty minutes' drive from the Disney's Old Key West Resort, and guest car parking is offered on the premises.

Wireless Internet access is available in all guestrooms at the Disney's Old Key West Resort, as are room service, satellite television, valet laundry, wireless Internet access, and babysitting services.

The Disney's Old Key West Resort offers a fully equipped business center, multiple dining options, several pools and whirlpools, a fitness center, and children’s facilities.

Disney's Old Key West Resort Amenities

• Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower