Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch

Route du Bois de Citry, Disneyland, France
0 871 28 50 90

Compare Montevrain Hotel Rates (2.4km away)

Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch Disneyland Reviews

dahling dahling
Sleeping authentic in a camper made-up to be a log cabin - ants included Sep 11, 2011
Having really good experience with the less coastly hotels in Disney World, we decided to sleep in a Log Cabin at the Davy Crockett Ranch. OH WELLL...

first we could not find the place. There was construction which lead through I have forgotten how many circles. One sign was put up leading to a road that forked left or right and no further signs in sight. It tooks us 30 minutes and lots of stops for asking to finally find it. Easy, once you have an idea of how to get there.

The check in had two people working there, the line was to the door. It too another 30 min. before we were finally handed the key. Anxiously we were looking to get to go to eat and just go to bed.

When we drove to our Log Cabin we had the first disappointment. The Log Cabin, was nothing but a trailer made up to look like a log cabin. It was pretty run down. When we opened the door we got another surprise. There were ants all over the place, on the floor, on the sink, in the tub. The only thing worse was the smell. The beds looked clean, but we decided to stay clear of what was considered a couch. Another interesting thing was that they rent these Cabins out for 6 people, but only have 4 chairs in them.

Anyways, we called housekeeping. It was a rather interesting conversation. "We have ants in here" - "Okay, how many?" - "I did not count them, but quite a lot, actually, they are all over". They hung up. I call again. "excuse I just called." "yes?" "Because we have ants in here." They hung up. I call front desk. "Sorry, we cannot help you. You need to call housekeeping." - My mood was not getting better. I call housekeeping again. "Let me talk to someone in charge." The usually blablabla... YEs, we will send someone right away. Right away, 45 minutes later, we decided not to wait any longer and take the kids for a swim. It was nice. They had towels for rent at a typical Disney Fee. There were a few changing cabins, two which did not even have a door, the other ones were partly broken, so that left 4 that were actually working. The pool was nice and crowded and when I got hit with a frisbee on the head I decided to take a shower. These are open, there are only two that have doors, where you are able to wash up.

But at least, the ants were dead, when we got back to the trailer. Still laying where we left them, but at least not crawling anymore. So we swept them outside and wondered how old those places were, when we had to use the bathroom. Everything looked so old and rugged. And I did not have the feeling that it was meant to be this way, more that the housekeepers did not really like their job too much. Bet it would have looked great for Halloween with the spiderwebs on the ceiling and the spider on the bathroom floor.

The beds were okay, but I had to take the one under the window, because of the bugs. No screens on the windows and way too hot and stuffy to leave them closed. No A/C of course, but we usually do not need this anyways. We were lucky though only two bees in there, while we were there.

Breakfast was to be picked up, which we did not expect. We kinda expected to eat at the restaurant that they display on the pictures. And you can, at about 15Euro's. But breakfast was fine, croissant and bread and OJ and Milk. Of course we had to sit outside, not enough chairs inside, and the picknick table was more than shaky. I did not dare sit on it, so I got me a chair from inside.

So alltogether, I stayed at a log cabin which was way far better than this and I even stayed in a trailer that was high maintenance compared to this RANCH thing. The pool was nice, if it had been cleaner and better maintained. The food was overpriced, BUT they had a meeting corner for Mickey and Goofy, so that was good. Unfortunately they also had entertainment for the kids, which was soooo loud, that having a drink at the bar, while waiting on the kids was sheer horrible. The only really good thing was Goofy asking me for a dance, but as much as I like him, it was not worth paying all that money just to stay at a run-down Disney Hotel. I know cheap is relative - but they should really stick some of that money into keeping that place a little neater. Next time we will go to the youth hostel in Paris.
Sept922 says:
HAhA! Davey Crockett and France do not mix!HAHA!
Most American kids have no idea who he is anymore anyway. I remember the old TV show tht used to run in repeats...Davey, Davey Crockett,king of the wild frontier! (the song)
Posted on: Sep 16, 2011
dahling says:
Probably the same time they bought those trailers ;)
hmm, I saw something with Davy Crocket while I was in Kentucky...but heck if I could remember..
Posted on: Mar 11, 2008
londonstudent says:
I'm amazed that Davy Crockett is still deemed to be an attraction, though; I think this is the first time I've come across his name since I was about 6!
Posted on: Mar 11, 2008

Compare Montevrain Hotel Rates (2.4km away)

Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch Map