Disney's Contemporary Resort

Disney's Contemporary Resort Rates and Deals

Disney's Contemporary Resort Lake Buena Vista Reviews

cavlizzy cavlizzy
VERY Expensive.. but best location Jun 05, 2011
Normally I would refuse to pay such a major price for a somewhat outdated/rundown? location. (this was before the update I believe they have had according to photos) Still, I think the prices are ROBBERY.

We paid $360.00 for a regular room in the main tower that the tram ran through. We only did this due to the fact our youngest still used a stroller. And our sanity was an issue.

"new parent" syndrome". LOL

That was our first visit. The price rose to about 380.00-400.00 on follow visits.

It WAS great I will admit. The rooms are large. The beds are big. We got double beds. The bathroom had 2 sinks.

This hotel has a main attraction for small children "CHEF MICKYS",,, OMG! If you have not taken a child here... be prepared! I have my child on video meeting each character as they came to our table.,,,"I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH HAPPINESS FROM A 3 YEAR OLD!!" We ate breakfast there everyday it made her so happy. It is not cheap. But it is buffet style and you can eat ALL you want... and they have every single kind of breakfast food you could think of... and fruit, yogurt, etc... Amazing breakfast. Reservations a must!!!

You can eat at other hotels to see other characters that only go to those locations as well. Just take the tram.

The main reason to pay this obscene price at this hotel is the Tram. It stops first at the main park "Disney", which most want to see first. Then if you want to stay late at the park, and the tram gets full, and the lines LONG.. YOU have the option to only take a short 10 minute walk back to your hotel!! Since we had the stroller, our little one was sound asleep by the time we got there.

This was a great plan.

We enjoyed going to Disneys Grand Floridian Hotel for Dinner. That hotel is even more expensive. You can take the Tram, and see more Disney characters at a meal there, without staying in that hotel.

The Tram just goes in a circle.

I am glad to see they have updated the Contemporary Resort.

I fear to see what they are charging now. I first stayed there when I was about 10 with my Grandparents. I was in awe. It was fairly new then I think. Don't want to give my age away too bad here. ha ha

But the $360.00 to $400 a night we paid over the years.... we went at least 4 times as our kids grew. Always staying here, sticking to our plan.

It is the most we have ever paid for a hotel.

If this hotel cost more now.... I would not GIVE them the money. Enough is enough. At some point,, too much money is too much. Just my thought.

Disney has become way over priced.
cavlizzy says:
Yes, we did take advantage of those early mornings. Everyone was displeased at me for that. ha ha - they said "THIS is vacation!!" But I had to crack that whip for $360.00 a night!! LOL
Andy99 says:
The Monorail running through the Contemporary--now that's the essence of Walt's vision of The Future!
Andy99 says:
Chef Mickey's is great! I think it's worthwhile to stay on the property for the Disney Magic Mornings early park openings, but we stay at one of the budget hotels. :)
mcabak mcabak
GREAT HOTEL Apr 29, 2008
This is probably the best Disney Resort. I believe it is considered a Moderate resort, so it's a little more expensive, but its a great hotel with many amenities and an excellent location. Disney's Monorail stops inside of this hotel.

Disney's Contemporary Resort Overview

The Atlantic coast of Daytona Beach is a forty minute drive from the Disney's Contemporary Resort, with the Orange County Convention Center just twenty minutes away. Guests in town on business are within a few minutes' drive of the important downtown areas of the city which house many corporate headquarters buildings, as well as the commercial and government districts. There are also many places to be explored and experienced by the leisurely guest, including Cinderella’s Castle on the horizon, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Universal Studios, Wet N’ Wild Water Park, and MGM Studios. The Disney's Contemporary Resort is less than thirty miles from the airport, with resort transportation and car parking permitted onsite.

Luxury guestrooms at the Disney's Contemporary Resort offer wireless Internet access, satellite television, room service, and resort views.

There are spa and deep tissue massage services available at the Disney's Contemporary Resort, as well as two swimming pools, a fitness center, a sauna, a business and convention center, banquet and event spaces, a Jacuzzi, and multiple dining options.

Disney's Contemporary Resort Amenities

• Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Massage
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower