Disney's California Adventure

1313 Harbor Boulevard, Anaheim, CA, USA

Disney's California Adventure Anaheim Reviews

travelwithsuz travelwi…
I had the opportunity of visiting the EuroDisney in Paris and Disneyland in Hong Kong during my previous travels. They both stood up to my expectations, thus fulfilling their promise of “Neverland”.

Yes I became a little girl with pigtails, dungarees every time I entered those gates.I imagined the people behind the ticket booth as fairy godmothers, waving their wands to sprinkle pixie dusts on each person who entered, then poof! …they transformed in a blink of an eye. But this year was different because the girl on pigtails visited the mother of all Disneylands…The Disneyland Park in Anaheim California.

This park which was originally called Disneyland, is turning 60 this 17th of July. Can you imagine, Mickey Mouse, Pluto, Sleeping Beauty and the whole gang celebrating their 60th birthday this year! The best thing is that after 60 years, they never changed one bit. No

wrinkles on their faces, no arthritis on hands and knees, they were perkier as ever. A perfect fairytale that “Age is Just a Number”.

I am not really fond of death defying rides so I stayed away from the roller coasters and drop rides but that doesn’t mean I can’t have fun! Absolutely not! In fact, there were plenty of activities to enjoy so a day was not enough.However, the highlight of this trip was my visit to the California Disney Adventure Theme Park which was located just across the original park. Here you get to enjoy the different attractions in California, such as the San Francisco Red Trolley, The Pier 39 Wharf , The Pixar Attractions and many more.

I tried one attraction called “Soarin” Over California and it was awesome! We got on a seat which was hoisted 20 feet up in the air, feet dangling, wind blowing towards your face. The floor to ceiling movie screen which features all the natural wonders in California will make you feel like you were flying.

The best ride I highly recommend and must never be missed no matter hat, was the Radiator’s Springs Racers.

The queue was so long that it took me 1 ¾ hours before I managed to sit on that car. But, it was all worth it! The ride took about 10 minutes and it was like I was a part of the “Cars” The Movie. Wish I can describe in detail what happened in each minute but I don’t want to be a spoiler. You have to go there and take that ride. One tip I can offer is, go straight to that ride the minute you reached the park because the queue can be 2 to 3 hours long. Don’t let it discourage you because the ride is SUPER AWESOME!!!!

Our day ended with the lights and sounds fireworks display. I left the park and went back being an adult….but my eyes were still sparkling, and when I ran my fingers over my head, the pigtails were gone, hut replaced by a pair of red and black, polka dotted mouse ears, worn with pride and promise….that I will come back for a sprinkle of pixie dust….again and again and again.
Sleeping Beauty's Castle
We got caught in Pier 39!
The Ferris Wheel....looks cute fro…
Hey Woody!
travelwithsuz says:
It was fun Jim! Hope you can get to try it sometime soon.
Posted on: Jul 02, 2015
rsvpme says:
Rocking on the Disney side....
Posted on: Jul 02, 2015
SuperShan1015 SuperSha…
More adult version of Disneyland Apr 30, 2010
When I travel to Disneyland & California Adventure I usually get the Park Hopper Pass so I can go back & forth between the two parks.

The rides at California Adventure are more 'adult' in my opinion. They have more traditional roller coasters than Disneyland. It is also more adult in the sense that they serve alcohol (wine only) in the Terrace Wine Tasting area. It typically costs $10+ depending on the tasting menu and/or if you decide to buy a whole bottle of wine. They have excellent cheese boards to choose from.

I like the California Screamin' ride & Soaring Over California ride. The Soaring Over California ride is a simulator-style ride which is fun with all the special effects.

I also found it a bit easier to get photos with the mascots/characters since the park is less crowded than Disneyland.

I would go here again, and recommend it to people visiting the Disneyland area.
Glynnes says:
Great review.
Posted on: Apr 30, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Disney's California Adventure

Downtown Disney & Rainforest Cafe AND Ice Cream Adventures! :D
We head over to Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney and amazingly, they can seat a group of six right now on the outside patio.  We were a tad bit skeptical due to the heat but after about 30 min… We head over to Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney and amazingly, they can seat a group of six right now…

Check Anaheim Hotel Deals