Disney's All-Star Music Resort

Disney's All-Star Music Resort Rates and Deals

Disney's All-Star Music Resort Lake Buena Vista Reviews

grandmar grandmar
Mostly Unhelpful Jun 07, 2013
Disney has three All Star resorts - Sports, Movies and Music. I picked Music because my granddaughter plays the guitar. Check in was easy. I picked up the scooter that I had rented and we went down to the room which was nice - it was in the Rock and Roll section by the Piano pool.

This was good as the rooms by the Guitar Pool were quite noisy what with kids screaming and loud speakers with music and microphones on the people running the games.

Our room has two double beds and a TV and a small fridge and a little table. It took us awhile to figure out the keys because all the keys are ones that you press to a rubber pad to be read. You don't swipe them anyplace.

We went to the hotel restaurant (which was a food court) and I thought since they had a grill where stuff was made up for you that maybe we could get my granddaughter, who has a severe gluten allergy, a hamburger or something without a bun. It turns out that they have a special gluten free cook. So we both got a bacon cheeseburger and fries - hers with a special gluten free bun and a dedicated fry fryer, and me just a regular one. Cost $18.00 and we drank our own water.

There is a shuttle to the park (and back)

Unfortunately after the scooter stopped working, it was after hours and although I got a wheelchair, the hotel staff absolutely refused to push it even the small distance to our room.

Disney does not push wheelchairs. They will carry luggage, but not help people.

So I footed and pushed myself to the restaurant/food court and found her where she had gotten another gluten free cheeseburger and fries for herself. And she pushed me back to the room (which was downhill). When I wanted to eat something for dinner, they had pizza delivery, but they would only deliver a large pizza. If I wanted to get a smaller one, I'd have to go back to the restaurant, and of course only my granddaughter to push the wheelchair.

When I booted up the computer to see if I could log on. The computer just had a little 'waiting' blue circle on the wi-fi signal. So I called the Disney computer person who couldn't figure out why there was a problem.

There had been a piece of paper that said we should have our luggage tags on the luggage and be ready for them to pick them up at 8.In the morning. Housekeeping knocked just before 8 and said she thought we had left. A little while later the man came for the luggage.

We were to be in the lobby 15 minutes before 11:15 (which would of course be 11:00) to get the bus to the ship So I left at 10:45 - we had trouble getting around the maid's cart that was blocking the path. My granddaughter (who weights only about 1/3rd as much as I do) was pushing the wheelchair - with great difficulty because this way was uphill. On the way I used her phone to call the front desk (the number was in it from yesterday) and asked them what we had to do to check out and she said we didn't have to do anything and could keep our keys as souvenirs.
Mickey Mouse towel logo on the bed
Pool
Star at entrance to lobby
Guitars on the building
Al8509 Al8509
Great Resort Jul 13, 2011
If you're traveling to Disney World this is a great resort to stay in. Although it's in the "Value" category of Disney World Resort, don't let that fool you -- it's "value" only by Disney World standards in that it's less elaborately themed than "moderate" and "deluxe" Disney World resort hotels. It's a great place to stay with great theming, nice pools, comfortable, spacious rooms, and great services/amenities such as pizza delivery and a food court. There's also a really fun frequent event in which movies are shown by the main pool! This is also the only "value" category resort in Disney World to feature very spacious suites. The shuttle service to the Disney World theme parks is very frequent and very reliable. This is also my favorite of the All-Stars due to its theming, including a "Rock" section that's very retro with large designs including jukeboxes, vinyl records, and actual classic cars; a "Country" section with flickering lanterns; a "Jazz" section with a New Orleans fountain square, a "Broadway" section themed to old New York City featuring Broadway theater marquees; and a "Calypso" section that's tropical-themed including a Three Caballeros-themed pool. An added bonus is that guests who stay here can use any of the pools in any of the three "All-Star" resorts, so also All-Star Sports and All-Star Movies. Highly recommended stay!
diisha392 diisha392
Cheapest On-Site Accomadations Sep 11, 2010
I am a fan of staying on-site while on vacation in Disney World. That said, I know that Disney properties are more expensive than off-site options. If you are looking to stay in Disney as cheaply as possible, then the All-Star resorts are probably your best choice.

The rooms are small but remember, usually on Disney vacations, you spend very little awake time in the room. We had four college girls in a room and still managed to get ready in the mornings without disasters :) It also probably helped that we did not have a lot of luggage.

The pools here are huge compared to some of the other resorts. That could be due to the fact that there is only one pool for each of the All-Star resorts (all three resorts flow into each other so to me it really feels like one huge resort). Since there is only one pool and lots and lots people potentially staying here, the area could get crowded although we did not have problems.

The crowd here is something to consider. There is one bus stop per resort, so that can mean a wait in the mornings or else standing room only. The cafeteria area can also get hectic at mealtimes. Obviously the summer season will be a much busier time than the off-season.

The theming is cute (giant jukeboxes on the side of the hotel for example).

The All-Star Music resort was a good choice for our school group (we just wanted somewhere on property to stay, weren't worried about someplace fancy) but I prefer the other Disney resorts for my personal vacations.
dannyrock4 says:
yeah i think the all star resorts are a very good cheap option for disney, like you say, you dont spend much time in your room anyway, i stayed in music and sports, both were good and i will stay there again!
Posted on: Jul 22, 2011
Andy99 says:
We stayed at All Star Movies in March, but our room was closer to All Star Music. We went over there for the bus and the food court.
Posted on: Apr 16, 2011
paul-joseph says:
Interesting and useful review ! Thank you
Posted on: Sep 11, 2010
mosted mosted
Good location for visiting the Theme Parks Sep 26, 2009
This hotel is a great place to stay if you plan to visit multiple Disney Parks and it might be the cheapest one around.

### Location ###

First of all - it's huge! It marchs upon the All-Star Movie and All-Star Sports Resorts and has lots of well designed complexes. In between of all those complexes you find two pools which are designed as Piano and Guitar. For sure you'll find lots of Disney Characters anywhere around :) For example theres the Little Mermaid sitting at the pool with all her friends and playing music (see the attached picture).

Sometimes it can be quite a long way from your room to the (very crowded) lobby, mainhall and restaurant, depending on which complex you're in. :) But it’s never boring or something, cause theres much to see.

Important: If you are not arriving with a car, you wont be able to go anywhere in the surrounding area, cause theres absolutely nothing around you could reach by foot! Only thing is a McDonalds, but thats it (and even that is dangerous to reach, cause theres no sidewalk). So what you could do when you dont want to visit a Disney-Park on one day, is taking the Shuttle-Bus going to Downtown Disney. There are lots of stores and restaurants and from there you can take a cab to a Mall or even to Orlando City (which might be a little expensive though, but cheaper as from the hotel).

### Room ###

Our room was big but one negative point was the separated bed's :) The bath was ok, the room had a safe and one cool thing was that the TV showed Disney Movies all day long, hehe. It was clean overall. There was no internet around, nowhere, not only on the rooms, but well who cares...

### Service & Amusement ###

There are Shuttle-Busses going to all the parks at any time. Sometimes you have to wait for over 30 minutes though, it's just because of the huge crowds, especially in the morning.

Another good thing is the card you get when staying in a Disney Resort, cause you can use it for the Fast-Pass Feature in the parks which allows you to visit an attraction without waiting in the line. You can also use it to buy food, so don’t need to take money with you.

The Hotel has its own Arcade, which was so cool - we played videogames there every day :) You can even win points and win little things there.

### Restaurant ###

The restaurant was okay and very big, they had a wide range of food and it tasted good. But it was expensive and they can do that cause theres nothing else around. Good thing is that you can buy a special bottle which you can refill as much as you want while your stay. I don’t remember the price, but it was much cheaper than paying every single drink (remember that theres nothing around where you could get something to drink).

### Misc ###

The Hotel is very big, very loud, very flashy and surely full of kids. But I think you should know that when going to a Disney Place :D
Hotel & Pool
Restaurant
At the pool in the early morning
Vanessa_Mun_Yee says:
hey, congrats on your featured review!
Posted on: Jul 22, 2011
mosted says:
Really? Its too funny :) I mean there so many resorts and we visited exactly the same. But marching band and Music-Resort fits somehow, hehe.
Posted on: Jul 19, 2011
spicyricecake says:
Funny, seems like we've been to many of the same places in Floria. I stayed at this resort as well, when I went to Disney World with my marching band in high school. It was really nice.
Posted on: Jul 19, 2011

• Ticket Service
  • Facsimile
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower