Disney's All-Star Movies Resort

Check Orlando Hotel Deals

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort Orlando Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Value Disney Stay Jan 13, 2015
My sister and I stayed in the Disney All-Star Movies Resort for the price. No other reason why. We were going to Disney World to celebrate her birthday, and knew we wouldn't be in the room too much, anyway. I'm a budget traveler, so the All-Star Movies Resort suited our needs: a place to lay our heads at night. We did pick the Movies over the Sports and Music resorts because we were more interested in that theme. There are different areas of the resort that are decorated with gigantic Buzz and Woody from Toy Story; 101 Dalmatians, etc.

We didn't have much of a wait at the front desk to get checked in. Our attendant was super friendly, and quite chatty. So much so that the gal next to him got three families checked in/out while we were still chitchattin' away with him.

It was a bit of a hike to our room, located in the Toy Story area. But, it was decent. Clean, could use some updates, but nothing to complain about. One evening, while Emily was resting before we went back to the park, I enjoyed some down-time by the pool. It was overrun with kids, so I didn't get in, but it was nice to just relax. Until a storm came in and they told us all to leave.

There is a gift shop and food court at the Movies resort. The gift shop was convenient, so we didn't have to lug souvenirs back from the park itself. The food court left a little to be desired. Basically, a cafeteria with sandwich entrees and an ice cream stand.

Staying at a Disney Resort, allowed us usage of the Disney shuttles, giving easy access to all the parks. Very convenient.

If you are looking to save some money, while managing a Disney budget, I would recommend the All-Star Movies resort. I think next time, though, I might splurge and stay at another resort. Overall, I was happy with the stay.
our room
Ils1976 says:
Congrats on the feature!
vulindlela says:
Congrats!
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats on being featured!

Check Orlando Hotel Deals