Disney World

Orlando, Florida

Disney World Orlando Reviews

Cho Cho
The most visited Theme Park in the world Nov 04, 2015
UPDATE - Second trip to Disney World on October 26, 2015

On my first visit to Disney World in May of last year, I didn't get to see all the attractions at Epcot. I missed the Canada and United Kingdom pavilions of the World Showcase on that occasion, so last week we went there again, but this time only to Epcot one of the four theme parks of Disney. Also, a Food & Wine festival was being held there with many countries represented (as shown in the new photos attached in this update)

Last but not least, we wanted to catch the Dennis DeYoung concert at the America Gardens Theatre of Epcot. Dennis DeYoung is the former frontman of the classic rock band STYX who were big in the 70's and 80's.

The first segment of the concert started only at 5:30 pm so we took the opportunity to watch the different country promotional events on the giant screens of Canada, France and the USA (called the American Adventure) pavilions. The movie about Canada was quite impressive and made me want to go there again. Perhaps in the near future!

Even though it was a Monday, the grounds were thick with crowds of visitors in spite of the recent admission price increases, and I had the feeling that Disney is not going to go bankrupt anytime soon.

Below is the original review posted on June 22, 2015.

I had been living in Orlando, Florida for nearly three years and had seen almost all the attractions in and around the city, but not the one place, the mother of all amusement (or theme parks as they are called now) parks, DISNEYWORLD, known as the Happiest Place on Earth. Well, I finally made it in May of last year.

Not only is Disney World the most visited Theme Park in the world, area wise, it is also the largest. The four main parks are Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios. To give you an idea how big this vast complex is, we had to use the car to get to one park from another. Even then, we didn't have enough time to visit the Hollywood Studios. In fact, you can spend one whole day in just one of the parks.

So, rather than giving a long and commonplace report of our visit, I am going to give the narrative by captions in the attached photos.

I might add that the highlight of our Disney World excursion was seeing Chubby Checker, the King of Twist in concert at Epcot. Even at the advanced age of 73 years, he gave an outstanding performance on stage and interacted very well with the appreciative audience.

If Disney World is one of your dream destinations, I would urge you to go; you won't be disappointed. The only drawback is the entrance fee. The cost was US$99 per person when we went there, but now it is $105 for a one day admission. YIKES!
Entrance to Epcot Theme Park at Di…
The tram that takes visitors from …
Spaceship Earth the icon of Epcot …
Signboards showing the different a…
Cho says:
@FoxyFauz: Yes, you should visit once in your life and I hope you'll make it. The only drawback is the admission fee, it's so expensive!
Posted on: Dec 02, 2015
FoxyFauz says:
It is my childhood dream to visit!
Posted on: Dec 01, 2015
Cho says:
Brian, even with the big price increases, the crowds still keep coming, but sooner or later the bubble is going to burst, me thinks.
Posted on: Nov 05, 2015