Disney World!

Lake Buena Vista, Florida

Disney World! Lake Buena Vista Reviews

srpiatek srpiatek
World Famous Disney World! Jun 30, 2011
As I had written in my travel blog of Disney, I sometimes feel that native Floridians often forget how lucky they are because so many world-wide, famous attractions & cities are so close to have access to such as East & West Coast FLORIDA beaches (and they certainly do look different!), Key West, Miami, Daytona Beach's world famous NASCAR Races such as PEPSI 400, Busch races, etc. and don't forget WALT DISNEY WORLD nearby Orlando, Florida.

I haven't visited Walt Disney World since the 5th grade (nearly 15 years ago, ok it's official I'm starting to feel old, LOL!) And in saying that, MANY things have changed in all of the Disney-owned parks in those 15 years.

Disney World is definitely one of those attractions on the list of "MUST See & Do before I die list" no matter where you are from!
On our way to the first park! Yay!
3-D Anyone??
Heyyy! I love "Finding Nemo"!!
mswim mswim
May 23, 2006
The best part about being a Floridian isn’t having the beaches in your back yard, but rather having Disney World in your back yard. Many Floridian’s take for granted having such an awesome place right in their back yards. When you think about how many people come from all over the world every year then it’s easier to remember that we have something great going on. Disney World is the largest and most visited recreational resort in the world. The Orlando location has four theme parks, countless hotels, as well as shopping areas, sports arenas and restraints. Since it’s opening in 1971 with the Magic Kingdom, the park system has undergone many changes and renovations. Several of the rides are revamped or updated each year in hopes to make the park appeal to newer generations of children. For instance, the Alien ride has since become a Stitch (from Lilo and Stitch) themed attraction.

For as long as I can remember we’ve gone down to Disney just to get out of town for the day. It’s only 2 ½ hours away from my house so it can easily be done as a day trip. Disney World today is just as amazing as it was when I was a kid. Sure tourists overpopulate it, but really, who isn’t a tourist when you’re a Disney? It’s like it’s own little world. And yes, the food is over priced, and the tickets keep getting more costly but in the end it truly is worth it.

The Magic Kingdom is the most famous and popular of the Disney parks. It is home to the icon that is Cinderella’s castle. The park is broken up into different zones. The first you will encounter is Main Street, U.S.A., which is based on different architectural structures you might find in New England or in the Mid-West. It’s a great way to introduce foreign tourists to our architecture. Here you will find several shops selling candies, souveniers, and food.

Adventureland has a multi-cultural theme. You’ll find décor representing Asia, Africa, South America, the South Pacific and even the Middle East here. It’s a little piece of home for everyone all over the globe. This is also where you’ll find one of the crowd’s favorite rides: Pirates of the Carribean.

Frontierland is cowboy land. Here you’ll find Wild West shows, Splash Mountain, a flume ride rollercoaster with a huge drop at the end. You’ll also see a train inspired rollercoaster called Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

Fantasyland is one of my favorite places, probably because I’m a kid at heart. This is a great area for the kiddies. Rides include Peter Pan’s Flight, Snow White’s Scary Adventures, Cinderella’s Carrousel, the famous tea cups and Dumbo the Flying Elephant.

There are other parks aside from Magic Kingdom as well. Epcot, known for it’s giant golf ball, is a great place to have lunch if you buy the hopper pass. Epcot is a multi-national affair and you can find food from all over the world. As a kid I always found this place boring but now that I’m older I’m appreciative of it.

Disney-MGM Studios is the second best park for rides. Soon it will be renamed to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This park celebrates all Hollywood has to offer in movies, television, theatre and even music. The highlights are the Backlot Tour, the Great Movie Ride, Aerosmith’s Rockin’ Roller Coaster and the Tower of Terror.

The Animal Kingdom is an animal reserve which includes a safari and some rides as well.

Disney also has two water parks, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, which are both great in their own right.

If you’re looking for Disney souveniers but don’t have the time or money to visit the park, visit Downtown Disney. It is free. Here you will also find Planet Hollywood, the House of Blues, Cirque du Soleil, a movie theatre, Virgin Records and a lake where you can rent boats.
srpiatek says:
I agree! I am from Florida as well, and just visited Disney again, I haven't been since Elementary School! LOL But I definitely agree we are lucky to have some world famous theme parks & attractions so close in our vicinity! :)
Posted on: Jul 04, 2011
dahling says:
buhahhaaa I want to go again... it's been 10 yrs and still my best vacation ever.. Cool, how they change the rides, that's interesting.
Posted on: Sep 23, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Disney World!

Disney World June 3 - 9, 2007
When we booked our trip during the winter, we knew it'd be warm in June.  But, we totally forgot about the humidity.  In the morning, at 6:30am, I'd be wearing shorts and a tanktop and it w… When we booked our trip during the winter, we knew it'd be warm in June.  But, we totally…
Disney World
Who can live so close and never go when people from all over the world flock here? This was my first time, however, to Disney's Animal Kingdom. It was fun actually. I went with my parents, sister, an… Who can live so close and never go when people from all over the world flock here? This was my…
Miami to Mouseville
Last night, as seems to be the usual, a torrential rainstorm moved in.  It was spectacular.  From the look of the swirling clouds, I thought there would be a tornado.  Thank goodness t…Disney World. Our hotel, Quality Suites Lake Buena Vista , is very nice.  Many of the "suite hotels" have microwave…

Check Lake Buena Vista Hotel Deals