Discount Cards and RailPasses - Free Walking Tours

Europe

Discount Cards and RailPasses - Free Walking Tours Reviews

THEKILTEDCELT THEKILTE…
Aug 17, 2007
Well once getting to any city, go to the tourist office. ask for Welcome Cards or Discount Cards. For example: Salzburg, Austria has "The Salzburg Card" It gives you Discounts or Free entry into museums, meals, hotels, perhaps even bus fair. Berlin and Prague have 24/72 hr public transport tickets.

I learned the hard way in Zermatt, Switzerland, I could've taken the tram to GORNERGRAT, the highest spot to see The Matterhorn, for half off if I showed my Eurail before buying the ticket for 60 Euro.

My advice is to you is flash these Discount Cards and Eurail Pass ANYTIME you need to pay for ANYTHING. Who knows what you'll get.

Also, I've run into a lot of troubles sending souvenirs (Swiss Chocolate, French wine, Italian leather) back to the USA via Post Offices. Food and drug and customs are EXTREAMLY anal. I sent a shoe-box from Prague to the states, once it got there it had a huge hole in it. It had been retaped with customs tape all over it and was missing half the contents. (The good $$$ gifts.)

Google "free walking tours" and the city you are in. I did the one in Prague and Berlin. I'm pretty sure Paris and Amsterdam have them as well.