3848 Stonewall Jackson Hwy, White Post, VA, USA
dinosaurland.com - (540) 869-2222

Dinosaur Land White Post Reviews

Zagnut66 Zagnut66
The Land That Time Forgot Aug 23, 2014
It was a relaxing summer drive through the wineries and small towns of the upper Shenandoah Valley of Virginia when my attention was arrested by a site not seen since the Mesozoic Era. A giant sauropod with outstretched neck facing off against the mighty Tyrannosaurus Rex! The monstrous beasts seemed unaware of the passing motorists so entrenched were they in their contest of prehistoric might.

Awestruck at this spectacle I quickly pulled over and was amazed to witness other creatures forgotten in the mists of time milling about. What horrible place had I stumbled upon where such monstrosities still roamed the earth? The entrance to this bizarre land was protected by teenagers who were strangely nonplussed by the convergence of past and present all about them. Drawn in by an insatiable curiosity, I paid the $6 that allowed entrance into this land that time forgot.

Steeling my nerves, I ventured forth, my senses assaulted by visions of beastly reptiles spit forth by the jaws of the Jurassic age. A flying pterodactyl nearly disemboweled my innards while the cagey Velociraptors waited nearby to pick at the remains. Another T-Rex chomped on chunks of a fallen Brontosaurus while the aptly named Gigantosaurus struggled against a pack of Triceratops. My wondrous eyes could barely fathom the enormity of these giants and their dance of life and death.

I distinctly noted the oddly textured skin of the dinosaurs, almost as if it was composed of fiberglass, and the blotches of color that resembled faded and peeling paint. None of the creatures had genitalia, making it impossible to determine gender or even how the brutes managed to reproduce. Should a paleontologist come across this Cretaceous cesspool and survive, she might be able to answer such daunting questions, but for me it was a matter of not being eaten alive.

As I fought my way through this primordial jungle, other horrors leapt out, including a giant squid fresh from conquering Captain Nemo and a great white shark stranded on the dry land. Turning a corner I beheld the mighty King Kong himself, having found refuge from Skull Island in this hive of primeval villainy. Young children played amongst these fearsome hordes heedless of the danger while stranded tourists bravely documented the scene with their cameras.

I found refuge in the large gift shop conveniently located nearby. As my trembling subsided, I bravely used the bathroom which had not been cleaned since the age of the dinosaurs, then quickly departed on my way. Never will I forget this brief though terrifying journey through time itself into a land where the dinosaurs never went extinct.
Dinosaur Land
The land that time forgot
Dinosaur Land
Beware all ye who enter here
ChristineN says:
Love it! I gotta take my nephews their
Posted on: Oct 14, 2014
joseph98 says:
Dinosaurs rule! Sorry for coming late to the party on this one, but just thought I'd say that :D
Posted on: Oct 05, 2014
alyssa_ob says:
That was a very entertaining review! Doesn't seem to be a G-rated park though. Clearly I missed a well-deserved feature, so belated congrats!
Posted on: Sep 10, 2014