Dingle Bay

(066) 915 1231

Dingle Bay Castlegregory Reviews

IrishTracy IrishTra…
It's where I live May 15, 2010
OK, so this is where I have been born and raised.

Castlegregory is located in the west of Kerry, in between Tralee and Dingle. It is an area filled with an abundance of natural beauty. Surrounded by miles of sandy beaches, green landscape and a beautiful little village full of colour and character.

There is so much to do while you spend time in Castlegregory. Water-sports such as surfing, windsurfing, and kite-surfing are very popular here in and around the Maharees. There are many different beaches which support these sports, much to the delight of the locals as well as tourists. Horse riding, golf, fishing are to name a few of the other sports.

Pay a visit to Glanteenassig forestry while passing, stunning scenery with a purpose built walkway around the lake. You can drive to the very top where parking is available but the walk up to the lake is just as nice.

Castlegregory provides a host of scenic area to capture award winning photographs.

There are lots of local traditional pubs with great atmosphere who provide drink, bar food and on different nights traditional music.

Castlegregory is a sleepy village in the winter months but in the summer with the high number of caravan and camping sites it becomes a village full of life.

The summer months are the best time to visit this area of County Kerry. You will not be disappointed with what you see.

Any one paying us a visit, drop me a line and if you want any information about food, places to stay or anything else I'd be glad to help.
My local beach
ikebana says:
Hi! .. am visiting Castlegregory in a week and am trying to figure out how to get there by bus.... As far as I can tell, we can get to Tralee...but then what? I'd love some advice from someone who knows the area :) Thank you!
Posted on: Jun 24, 2012