Dinah's Family Restaurant

6521 South Sepulveda Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA, USA

Dinah's Family Restaurant Los Angeles Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
yummy German Pancakes Mar 01, 2014
I have wanted to try their “German Pancakes” so we drove to their location before we headed down to LAX.

The restaurant is located in a corner street so it is easy to find. We used the van’s navigation system to give us direction. It is off Interstate 405 towards San Diego. They have ample parking at the back of the restaurant.

It is a family oriented restaurant, mostly manned by Mexicans at least from what I observed at the time we were there. They are friendly and service oriented.

It was peak hours when we got there, yet they still have enough room for more diners/patrons. The restaurant’s appearance is nice, clean but quite dark for my liking.

Their specialty I believe is fried chicken so we ordered that and creamed spinach to go with it. Since we drove up here for their “German Pancakes”, of course I ordered that too. I was informed it’ll take 20 minutes to wait before it could be served, I was willing to wait.

The fried chicken is okay – it’s a bit bland for my taste but it is okay. The “German Pancake” however, is really delicious! I never thought a lemon could add flavor to a pancake!

The prices are average – not too expensive, not cheap either.

I would like to go back again. I’m sure my children would love to try the “German Pancakes”, too!
once you turn right onto Sepulveda…
the extended dining room where we …
Nana_gincin says:
I want, ñam ñam!
Posted on: Mar 23, 2014
vulindlela vulindle…
An LA tradition! Jun 03, 2010
Dinah's opened in 1959 and has been a Los Angeles tradition ever since.

I have been coming to Dinah's since I was a child and it has always been excellent.

They are famous for their fried chicken and their pancakes. I almost always order the large German bowl pancake, served with lemon and powdered sugar. I have eaten the chicken though also and it is very good.

My wife loves their creamed spinach, fresh squeezed orange juice, and Dutch apple pancakes.

On our most recent visit, it was evening and we were seated and taken care of very quickly.

However, if you visit at breakfast time, expect a wait.
Fried chicken and creamed spinach
My German bowl pancake
gejah says:
dutch apple pancakes!! :)
Posted on: Jun 13, 2010
Glamour88 says:
Sounds good, I'm planning on making a trip to Los Angeles within the next year so I will look out for the place.
Posted on: Jun 05, 2010