Din Tai Fung

2730 6928

Din Tai Fung Kowloon Reviews

vicksim vicksim
Amazing Yum Cha Mar 10, 2011
This place is just amazing! There is always a queue of both locals and tourists, so take a ticket and be prepared to wait. Lunch time for a large table you could wait 15-20 mins, smaller tables come around faster if you are prepared to share. Service is speedy, menu is vast with pictures, there is a small army of dim sim 'creators' working in a kitchen off the restaurant-behind a glass wall!I would recomend the Jasmine tea, pork & shrimp shao-mai, noodles with sesame & peanut, fried rice with egg & shrimp and beware of the 'deserts' some contain pork! I go at least twice a week! YUM!
lazybones lazybones
Best dumpling bun "Xiao Long Bao" Jun 28, 2011
I have always love the Siao Long Bao in this place in Taiwan (before a branch is opened in HK), and every time I visit Taiwan which is where it is originated from, it is a must-go place for me and my family.

The Kowloon branch is the flagship branch in Hong Kong. When I learnt about its opening, I was so excited. Now, that it has also a branch on HK island in Causeway Bay, it brings much convenience to us.

Generally the food they serve are very good; the "Xiao Long Bao" is the one that I want to focus on this time, as I find that the meat they choose are extremely fresh and juicy, unlike the ones sold in other restaurants. Something precious is that their standard and quality have been maintained since they first opened in Hong Kong. I AM VERY IMPRESSED.

Another thing I must say is that their staff are super friendly and professional. I would say "very good" if not best in town.

I hope you all have an enjoyable time in Din Tai Fung like myself.
Mnawin says:
It's my favourate restaurant in Singapore as well..nice food..
Posted on: Nov 03, 2011
Jamal1280 Jamal1280
Authentic Cantonese taste Oct 19, 2010
TB Kurama80 took me to this place on my last night in Hong Kong.

I will be forever grateful to her for doing so.

Simply put, the food was divine. The dumplings filled with meat and soup and covered with vinegar (Xiao Long Bao). The fried pork chops over fried rice. The string beans with pork meat. The spring rolls. The sago soup with melon balls. Excellent, excellent, excellent!!!

At Din Tai Fung, I enjoyed authentic Cantonese food (the best Chinese food I've ever eaten, naturally) with a wonderful woman, who couldn't help but laugh as I struggled with my chopsticks. LOL!

If you're traveling to the Kowloon area, I definitely recommend checking this place out at the Ocean Terminal. And if you're a TB, ask Kurama (a Hong Kong local) to go with you. She's great company and loves the food. Chances are, you will too.
Plenty of food for us
My sago soup
Jamal1280 says:
Yes it is! I love adding vinegar to the dumpling in the bowl. It was delicious. :)
Posted on: Oct 21, 2010
hayley_phoon says:
awesome possum, it's good isnt it :D
Posted on: Oct 20, 2010
Jamal1280 says:
LOL Hayley yes, I did try the Xiao Long Bao, it's in the review :) And thanks gpat.
Posted on: Oct 20, 2010

Compare Causeway Bay Hotel Rates (4km away)

Din Tai Fung Map