Dimillo's Floating Restaurant

Portland, Maine

Dimillo's Floating Restaurant Portland Reviews

bkretzer bkretzer
Great Views Oct 15, 2008
DiMillo’s is an old ferry boat turned into a restaurant. It floats in Casco Bay, in the Old Port District, on the Long Wharf. Someone local can explain all of that. The restaurant specializes in lobster, which is the reason we went. I am not qualified to evaluate how good their lobster, or any seafood is, as I don’t eat it. But, you only live once, so I figured this was the place to try a fresh lobster.

Back to the restaurant. Margo and I found the service good and we quickly forgot we were on a ship. We didn’t notice any movement, but there was no weather either. What we did notice were the views. The bay at night, is particularly striking.

They serve steaks and other fare, in addition to the seafood. I thought the prices were a little steep, but about what you would expect from a downtown steakhouse. It looks to be a great place to impress a date. You are issued a ticket when you pull into the parking lot. You need to have that validated, at the restaurant (after you eat) or else there is a fee. You are only allowed a few hours of free parking even with validation.

I doubt that we would go out of our way to go back. The food is just too pricey for everyday. But, we wouldn’t avoid it either, if it were a special occasion. It is certainly worth experiencing once!
DiMillo's (Photo courtesy of portl…

Check Portland Hotel Deals