Dim’Sum Modern Chinese Cooking

35 35 60 05

Dim’Sum Modern Chinese Cooking Copenhagen Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Mix Cooking Varieties Mar 26, 2015
After come back from Asia and having a very good dim sum, we decided to try dim sum at this place to find out if it live up to it is name which was recommended by Michelin’s staff and this restaurant also owned by the same owner of Kin Kin Restaurant in Copenhagen.

The restaurant was quite small and narrow, with plenty of bird cages as a decoration on the ceiling and the light was dim in the entire building.

It appears they only have one cook and one waiter to serve the whole dinners. We can watch the cook prepare the food while waiting for our food.

The waiter was friendly and we gets our order shortly. The tea pot was interesting, made from a heavy bronze and I really need to use my muscle to lift up the tea pot.

We ordered their special menu which consist of many types of dim sum.

I was not impress with the first dish which was duck meat wrap with thin rice paper and inside has cucumber, and spring onions and the hoisin sauce was smear on the plate. The duck spring roll does not have much taste and it was cold. The hoisin sauce was not enough for the spring roll.

The second dish was a raw beef with soy sauce and sesame sauce garnish with spring onions. I did not try this dish, however according to my dinner companions the taste was good.

Third dish was combination of fried spring roll, fried toufu with meat and fried big prawn with wasabi sauce and accompany with sweet and sour sauce. The big prawn was nice and tender, however the wasabi sauce does not match the prawn. The whole things were really dry and nothing special and I personally think it was not dim sum.

Fourth dish was steam pork meat (siomay). Taste was good however it only accompany soy sauce and no chilly provide.

Fifth dish was steam duck prok meat. Taste also good and it was a ginger infused inside the meat.

Six dish was the seam prawn wrap with rice paper (hakau), it taste a bit strange, and the rice paper was very sticky – unlike the dim sum in Asia.

Seven dish was the steam salmon inside the wrap rice paper. It was not the best food but okay.

Eight dish was steam lobster mix with pork meat with thin rice paper. It was good and I quite like this.

Nine dish was grilled salmon. Taste was good and probably the best in the whole dishes.

The mushroom soup with five spices was good and enlighten.

The steam pork slices eat with white bread was nice, however after eat a little bit, I felt it was too sweet.

Finally we had our last meal which was dessert consist of green tea ice cream which taste delicious and refreshing. However, the mango ice cream with rice pudding was not my thing.

Overall – it was okay dinner, however I still prefer the dim sum food in Asia.

In addition to this, when we were there in late February 2015, the restaurant do not have toilet and I have to used toilet next door at the hotel.
the restaurant building