Dill Restaurant

Hverfisgata 12. 101 Reykjavik, Reykjavik, Iceland

Dill Restaurant Reykjavik Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
High end dining with average food Apr 22, 2016
This restaurant supposedly number one of the best Icelandic restaurant and the most expensive in Reykjavik. I was very surprised when I see inside of the restaurant as it has a very small room inside and the table put close to each other which look like a pub or cheap cafe version where you actually can bump or hear other guests loudly since the seat is close to each other and I could say it is like you are eating together with them. No table cloth show as a high dining and I have to choose my own fork and knife since they just put all of it in the box.

Anyway, I prefer my table set far away from other diner so I have my own privacy and not disturb with other dinner or hear other conversation, but hey we are here to enjoy the food.

The staff was friendly and accommodating and one staff speak fluently in Danish and English so we can communicate in both language with him and have a chat where he learn Danish language.

After we were seated and order drinks, the snack arrive quickly. There is only one menu which consist of 7 dishes plus 6 snack, so it was very easy since we do not have to choose what to eat. My best friend order a wine matching and I have juices for the meal. Unfortunately the free bread provided was not good to my taste as it was hard to bite and cold.

The snacks was interesting and taste really good, which make me looking forward to the main meal.

The first meal serve was mussels, celery with watercress and parsley which look good and smell good. It taste good and I look forward to the rest of the meal.

The rest of the meal come in a good time, unfortunately the taste just barely there, and it did not have the “um” factor like other high end dining I have been too, and the portion was really small.

By the end of the night, my tummy still have some hole on it and still craving for more food. Alas, I like to have more meat than just one thin slice of meat on each plate.

Total cost ISK 45,000 (€321) for 2 people with one wine matching and a couple of juices is not worth it. The food taste was a big disappointment since it is supposedly number one of the best restaurant in Iceland. I will definitely not going back there.
the building from outside
inside restaurant
the hard and uneatable bread
carrot, smoked mayo and dried sol
HORSCHECK says:
Very interesting restaurant review here. A pity your tummy still has a hole after all this expensive food. Great photos.
Posted on: Feb 16, 2017
gingerbatik says:
nej... i just like to eat good food. but I write my food blog on sujatravel.com. here is the link to the website.
Posted on: May 01, 2016
Nekokoneko says:
You write about food for living or food is your hobby?
Posted on: Apr 30, 2016