Dili Beach Hotel

Dili, East Timor

Dili Beach Hotel Reviews

goezi goezi
Our All Blacks fix Aug 29, 2009
Dili Beach Hotel is owned by an Australian bloke but we kiwis still seem to go down there regularly as it’s just a 10 minute walk from the Esplanada where we live and they have Aussie satellite TV on which the tri-nations rugby has been screened every Saturday afternoon for the past month or so.

It’s always busy on Saturday nights so grab your beer, order your food and get yourself a seat before you misso ut. At 9pm a regular local band turns up to blast out covers of pop songs in almost perfect English –but not quite.

We all seem to order pizza when we go to the Dili Beach Hotel as they do a pretty good selection. The first one I had there was fantastic and good value at just US$11 for the medium which should be slit between two but I’m always too greedy.

Unfortunately the last couple of pizzas have been uncooked. I assume it’s because they are flat out in the kitchen but it seems that they need to get into the habit of pulling the pies out and rotating them before putting them back for the same period of time. I don’t know if I’ll bother with pizza again as they haven’t been worth the long wait and the burgers and chips have always looked terrific.

Obviously the hotel has accommodation as well and I know a couple of guys that live there and they tell me it’s all good. The rooms are small and the noise from the bar upstairs can keep you awake till late but there is a walled pool in the complex and the price for a room is reasonable for Dili at about US$600 a month.
Dili Beach Hotel from Dili beach
Rugby crowd
Dili Beach Bar

Related Travel Blogs About Dili Beach Hotel

Mountaintop lunch
I packed a few things after breakfast then popped into work to print off a handful of maps of the districts I intend to visit this week.  My intention was to go down the road to Liquicia but …Dili Beach Hotel for pizza and beer.   It wasn't a late one as we were up before…
Dili Beach Hotel Map