Dieng Plateau

Dieng, Indonesia

Dieng Plateau Reviews

ko2678 ko2678
A combination of beautiful landscapes and the site of the oldest Hindu a temple in Java,makes this a worthwhile trip. Jul 17, 2013
I hired a car and driver from Borobudur to take me to Dieng Plateau for the day.It is around 80klms,however the road is winding,with a number of logging trucks,and in fact ten kilometres from the Plateau there was a landslide,so I continued on on the back of a motorbike to the temples,with instructions from my driver where to take me.

We skirted the landslide on a small track and soon came across the Temples.Not nearly as inspiring as Borobudur,these small temples were thought to have been built around the same time as Borobudur.There are five temples on this site.

Next stop was Telaga Warna,a lake of interesting blue green colour,caused by sulphur.

Onto Kawah Sikidang,a volcanic crater with angry bubbling mud ponds .

The views down to Dieng township are spectacular showing that the whole area is a huge food bowl .

Well worth a day trip !!

Related Travel Blogs About Dieng Plateau

Dieng Plateau, Telaga warna and Crater lake
one word STUNNING !The country town of Wonosobo is the access point to Dieng Plateau. The route from Wonosobo to Dieng was vastly breathtaking. The road is flanked by Volcano Mountains. The minibus I…Dieng Plateau. The route from Wonosobo to Dieng was vastly breathtaking. The road is flanked by Volcano Mountains…
The Dieng Plateau
Thankfully it was easy to get to the Dieng Plateau from Wonosodobo; it was just an hour’s bus ride away.  On our way to the bus we actually ran into the same woman from the previous night …Dieng Plateau from Wonosodobo; it was just an hour’s bus ride away.  On our way to the bus we actually…
Dieng Map