Die Wohngemeinschaft

39 Richard-Wagner-Straße, Cologne, Germany

Die Wohngemeinschaft Cologne Reviews

tombom07 tombom07
Classy Hostel in Cologne Jan 17, 2013
Die Wohngemeinschaft (bit of a mouthfull) was without a doubt the classiest & most upscale hostel I have ever stayed in. I originally only booked one night, & not surprisingly, when I liked it so much & tried to book a second night, they were fully booked to my disappoint.

I had a bit of trouble finding the hostel. I walked into the bar area, there was no reception on ground floor. It was actually on the 4th floor, which I didn't know. The reception had also just closed (8am-8pm) but one of the barmaids checked me in & was very helpful.

The hostel was extremely clean, very secure & safe, modern & designed to a high standard. It was around 22 euros/night for an 8-bed dorm (low season), which is understandable when you see it, although maybe a tad expensive for the budget traveller. However if you're looking for a break from the crappy places or to treat yourself in Cologne then this is the place!

The beds are private as they are all sort of built into the walls & have curtains, there are also lockers. There were kitchen & lounge areas including free tea, coffee, televisions, DVDs & books. No free breakfast included but there is a bar/restaurant downstairs & shops nearby. There's free wifi of course & notebooks for rent; one of the receptionists was kind to lend me one free of charge on my morning there, she was so friendly.

I really enjoyed my one night there, even though it was just one night! The staff were fantastic, the hostel was fantastic & I felt guilty about only staying in Cologne for a day so I'll definitely be going back!
Die Wohngemeinschaft - dorm room (…
Die Wohngemeinschaft - my bed!
Die Wohngemeinschaft - one of the …
AshleyShrson says:
Enjoy the places Cologne has to offer you
Posted on: Jun 08, 2013