DiSalvo's Trattoria

1760 N. Jog Road, West Palm Beach, FL, USA
DiSalvo's Trattoria - What you see when you walk in
DiSalvo's Trattoria - Lots of wine
DiSalvo's Trattoria - The dining area
DiSalvo's Trattoria - Appetizer: Mozzarella cheese sticks and calamari with marinara sauce.
DiSalvo's Trattoria - Entree: Spitini with linguini covered in marinara sauce.
DiSalvo's Trattoria - Dessert: Tiramisu.

DiSalvo's Trattoria West Palm Beach Reviews

Jamal1280 Jamal1280
Expensive, yet exquisite Aug 07, 2011
I was invited to dine at DiSalvo's as part of a Facebook group meetup. I was looking forward to it all week, because it has been a while since I've eaten any great Italian food. And I had high hopes for this place, since the organizer of the meetup is the editor of Dine Magazine.

Upon arrival, I was a little surprised at how unassuming the restaurant is on the outside. It sits in a shopping plaza; many restaurants in Florida are like this, but I didn't expect that of this place.

Inside though, it looked really nice. Nice, intimate atmosphere. :) And there were lots of people who attended this meetup (close to 30, I think), so the place was packed. A couple of my friends also attended; one of them saved a seat for me next to her, but she was way in the back and it would've been hard for me to get past all the people, so I had a seat up near the front with some folks that I had never met before lol. It was good though. As it turned out, we were all native New Yorkers :)

Okay, now I'll talk about the food. The deal for the night was a three-course set menu plus a glass of wine for $25 per person. I got my glass of Merlot and shared in some of the appetizers, which included flat bread, mozzeralla cheese sticks, calamari, fried zucchini (the only thing I didn't try) and stuffed mushrooms with sausage. All of it was great, especially the cheese sticks, which they apparently made fresh, and the calamari, which was light and had flavorful breading.

For the entree, I decided I'd try a dish I had never had before: spitini. Basically, it's thin pieces of veal, rolled and stuffed with prosciutto, onions and provolone cheese, and then fried. With the spitini, I also had a side of linguini with marinara sauce. Magnifique!

And for dessert, some delicious tiramisu. For those not familiar with this popular Italian dessert (which I liked better in Italy lol), it's basically layered lady fingers dipped in coffee and flavored with cocoa and liquor. It was a great way to cap the meal.

I enjoyed my DiSalvo's experience. The food is generally pretty pricy, from what I could tell from the regular menu. I'm not sure if they do the set menu all the time, but it would be awesome if they did. If not, and I go back, I'll have to make sure to have extra money, and if you go, you should, too. Lol :)
What you see when you walk in
Lots of wine
The dining area
Appetizer: Mozzarella cheese stick…

Check West Palm Beach Hotel Deals