Devil's Rope Museum

www.barbwiremuseum.com - (806) 779-2225

Devil's Rope Museum McLean Reviews

bkretzer bkretzer
A nice museum in the middle of no where Jul 14, 2009
The Devil’s Rope Museum might have been the biggest surprise of our visit to the Texas Panhandle. We had no intention of visiting it. We didn’t even know it existed. But as we were motoring east on I-40 from Amarillo to OKC, one of their signs announced it’s existence. With a name like Devil’s Rope Museum and a Route 66 pedigree we couldn’t resist taking a detour.

Located not far off of I-40 and housed in an old bra factory, this museum was quite a find. Now most people couldn’t give a damn about barbed wire (the Devil’s Rope), but even if you didn’t take a look at any of their extensive collection, you would likely still find something interesting. Focusing just for a second on the barbed wire, minus the seeming infinite amount of varieties, we found barbed wire art, a barbed wire village, and barbed wire used as telephone line.

After the barbed wire they have a large Route 66 memorabilia collection and a nice exhibit of Dust Bowl photographs. Margo and I spent over an hour there, and would have spent longer if we weren’t pressed for time. They have a nice gift shop and the admittance is free! They have a donation jar to offset expense. We were happy we turned off the interstate and took the time machine backwards for an hour.
The Devil's Rope Museum
vulindlela says:
Great review!
A bra factory? Some women would consider a bra the devils rope also, Lol!
Posted on: Sep 20, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About Devil's Rope Museum

Amarillo to Oklahoma City
After a very nice breakfast at our extremely cheap motel, we took off for Oklahoma.  The road across the panhandle of Texas is flat and straight as an arrow.  It reminds me of the trip on I…Devil's Rope and Route 66 Museum in McLean.  It is not just about barbed wire ("devil's rope
Devil's Rope?
We were back in our car and on our way. I fully expected to drive most of the way, at least, to Oklahoma City before we stopped again. (Why does that sound familiar?) But the ghosts of Route 66 kept …McLean as the home of “The Devil’s Rope Museum ”. Now who, but the curiosity challenged could resist that. If Radiator…

Check McLean Hotel Deals