Deutsches Museum

Museumsinsel 1, Munich, Germany

Deutsches Museum Munich Reviews

Janschki Janschki
A Museum for everyone! Feb 09, 2011
Personally, I am a big fan of museums. Not everyone shares my enthusiasm, but this is one that no one I know got bored in.

It contains every important bit of history, and the best thing about it: You can touch the things and see everything as an adventure. Even when you're grown up.

Even though I have been living in Munich for a considerably long time (14 years) now, I still enjoy visiting the Deutsches Museum.

A must when you are in Munich!
Farmboy23662001 Farmboy2…
Deutsches Museum Nov 22, 2008
I can't believe how much I loved this place. If you like museums and technology, this is the place to visit. Floors and floors of exhibits including avaiation, nautical, telecomunications, pharmacutical, musical instruments, printing, paper and the list goes on and on and on.

Plan to spend 4 to 6 hours meandering from floor to floor and from category to category.

The main hall displays full size airplanes including the fuselage and cockpit from a Luftansa airplane.

Alot of the exhibits are interactive which makes it fun and more informative. Most exhibits have an english translation and an english choice on the interactive exhibits.

There is a special interactive for kids in the basement.

The museum has so many exhibits that they have 2 other locations. The Verkehrszentrum is close by and contains Urban Transport, Travel and Mobility. The Flugwerft Schleissheim contatins aviation exhibits and is located about 13 km from Munich.

Get there early and stay late! Cost is only 8,50 euros. You can purchase a ticket for all 3 museums for only 17,00 euros. It is easily accessale from most S-Bahn trains to the Isartor station. From ther it is just a short walk.
alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
The world's largest museum of science and technology Jan 05, 2005
The Deutsches Museum in Munich has exhibits of pretty much anything you can think of that is related to science and technology with lots of hands on exhibits. With over 10 miles of exhibits you need to decide which exhibits to see and which to skip. The Deutsches Museum is the one museum I really wanted to see (being a big science geek myself). And I wasn't disappointed in fact I was like a kid in a candy store.

I started in the mines - tracing the history of mining with equipment and samples of materials mines. Next was the marine ship area then the aeronautics area filled with old planes. I was excited to see the "cave" but it wasn't really much of a cave - it did have replica cave art in it. The electricity and magnestism area had some great hands on activities. There were big trains and model trains and a few rooms of old instruments. In fact, I walked in on a curator "tickling the clavicles". I got my own private performance.

Photography is allowed, but I was too absorbed in the exhibits to take pictures. The cost of admission is € 8.50 for adults. This museum is amazing and sure to have something for everyone.
Deutsches Museum
me by a train
tickling the clavicle
magnetism
Amrisalem says:
thanks Alyssa for sharing the experience )
Posted on: Mar 28, 2011
missandrea81 says:
Great review! I love this place. You could spend days here and couldn't possibly see it all.
Posted on: Jul 18, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Deutsches Museum

Deutsches Museum and Olympia Park
Today we got breakfast down the street.  WE hoped on the U Bahn and headed for the Deutches Museum.  It was raining so we decided to stay inside today.  The museum was huge and had loa… Today we got breakfast down the street.  WE hoped on the U Bahn and headed for the Deutches Museum
The Deutsches Museum
We woke up at 8 am.. really early cuz we planned to visit the Deutshches Museum. After a freezing shower - i've hated the shower of the hostel cuz it turned off after 10 seconds to avoid the water wa…We woke up at 8 am.. really early cuz we planned to visit the Deutshches Museum. After a freezing…
A brief visit
Then we were off to Munich where we had hoped to visit the Deutsches Museum and go to the Starnberger Lake for swimming and sunning and visit bier gardens a-plentiful. But our ambitions were thwarted…Munich where we had hoped to visit the Deutsches Museum and go to the Starnberger Lake for swimming and sunning…

Check Munich Hotel Deals