Det lille Kaffekompaniet AS

Nedre Fjellsmauet 2, Bergen, Norway

Det lille Kaffekompaniet AS Bergen Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Cozy little coffee shop Feb 11, 2012
Det Lille Kaffekompaniet (The Small Coffee Company) opened in 1996. It was and still is owned and run by students. The three founders had a special interest in good quality coffee. After having enjoyed good coffee shops in Italy and France they wanted to open a coffee shop in Bergen where people could enjoy good coffee.

Det Lille Kaffekompaniet is located right behind the Funicular station (Fløibanen). Take the steps to the right of the station, and on top of the stairs you´ll see a narrow alley. It´s there on the left side. It´s a small place with just a few tables, which offers a warm and friendly atmosphere. If weather permits, you can also sit outside in the cobblestone alley. The place is not very touristy. It is particularly popular among students and young people who go there to have a cup of coffee and to read the newspaper or just chat. Their major goal is to increase peoples knowledge of coffee and the joy of drinking it.

You can buy coffee beans and tea to bring home. They offer a great variety of coffee beans from all over the world. If you need equipment like coffee pots or coffee grinder to make good coffee at home, they sell that too.

The first time I visited the place I was looking for a sandwich, but could only see cakes, cookies and pastry. So I asked if they had something on the menu that wasn´t sweet. She handed me a two page menu, but this was only coffee and tea drinks. I asked if they had any sandwiches, which to my surprise they did not. They don’t have a proper kitchen, so they can´t make fresh sandwiches. But that was not a problem she told me and suggested that I go to the bakery down the street, buy a sandwich and bring it back to Det Lille Kaffekompaniet. So that´s what I did. When I returned with my sandwich she even gave me a plate. I have only tried a few of their coffee drinks (Coffee Latte, Coffee Mocca and Mocca Mint) They have all been very good. Besides a great variety of coffee drinks, they also offer hot tea, hot chocolate, ice tea and coffee, plus some ciders. The cider made from elderberry flower is particularly interesting.

Det Lille Kaffekompaniet is a friendly place with good service and excellent coffee. I can highly recommend it. I will definitely be back!

Opening hours:

Sunday- Friday: 10 am – 10 pm, Saturday: 10 am – 6 pm
Coffe Mocca
Coffee Latte and Macarons
Macarons
My sandwish from the bakery down t…
sarahsan says:
It sure is!
Posted on: Feb 12, 2012
sylviandavid says:
My oh My.... such a great place to go!!!
Posted on: Feb 11, 2012
cicie says:
Sarah and Jutta...forget it about diet. Let us go to there:)
Posted on: Feb 11, 2012
ean030 ean030
The first and best coffebar in Bergen Nov 09, 2010
Det lille kaffekompaniet (The small coffecompany) lives up to its name. It is a tiny place, but with great athmosphere, and great coffee! It was the first coffeebar to open in Bergen, and many belive it is the best. It was recently voted to be the best coffee bar in the regional newspaper, and it has also won some official rewards.

Det lille kaffekompaniet serves very good coffe, at average (Norwegian) prices, so tourists may feel its expensive. However, I don't think there are many coffeebars in Bergen that can beat the selection of coffeedrinks that they have here. They also sell coffee in loose weight to take home.

It's a small place, with few tables, so one might not get a place. However, it's definitvly worth the try, and one can always by a to go and sit outside if the weather is good. Its also a perfect end to ones hike down Mount Fløyen =)

The main focus is coffe, but one can also get homemade cakes and sweets. They don't sell other food though, so if you want lunch, you should go somewhere else.

Check Bergen Hotel Deals