1815 Market Street, San Francisco, CA, USA - (415) 552-4451

Destino San Francisco Reviews

worldcitizen worldcit…
Neuvo Latino Bistro Nov 02, 2008
I went to Destino recently for a birthday celebration. Their food and cocktails are from or inspired by various Latin American dishes and drinks. Attached to the restaurant is a bar called Pisco Lounge.

The restaurant has a warm and artsy atmosphere. We started off with various pisco sours. I had the maracuya sour made with passion fruit instead of lime. Very very yummy- you can't really go wrong with passion fruit. They brought us bread with a great flavorful dipping sauce.

We decided to get a bunch of tapas to share. We ordered a hearts of palm salad, sea bass ceviche, an empanada sampler, purple potatoes with yuca croquettes, and shrimp in a sofrito sauce served with mofongo (plantain cakes with bit of bacon).

Everything was delicious but the ceviche and the shrimp with mofongo stood out the most. Mofongo was something I'd been wanting to try for a while and it definitely surpassed my expectations. The one thing that could've have been better were the empanadas which were tasty, but a little dry.

We ordered some little pumpkin donuts that were just so-so, and they brought us a free birthday dulce de leche dessert that was so so good. All in all, I really liked this place. I will definitely be back sometime for some of the seafood dishes and cocktails!

Related Travel Blogs About Destino

A bad start for a nice trip.
I was at airport at the morning for the flight to Vienna (via San Francisco and Frankfurt), but before takeoff, the San Diego to San Francisco airplane, was find whit mechanical problems, and&nb…San Francisco, pero mi siguiente vuelo era destino a Frankfurt pero cuando llego el avion el jumbo que iba a Frankfurt…

Check San Francisco Hotel Deals