Destino Nomada (DN) hostel

Check Bogota Hotel Deals

Destino Nomada (DN) hostel Bogota Reviews

jokkis jokkis
really good hostel Apr 16, 2011
I was suppposed to stay 3-4 nights but I stayed 9. The staff is really nice. Good parties, but also suitable for 30+ people. Bogota is a nice city. I think i will return to this hostel some day. The atmosphere is really good and 3 free computers with fast connection.
cochi cochi
Party hostel in a good location Jan 20, 2010
Great hostel to meet other travelers but be warned that the rooms are right above the main area and it can get crazy loud at night. Location is great, just up the hill from the Plaza de Bolivar and museums. Stayed in a dorm with ensuite bathroom. Shower drain was clogged and the toilet was missing a seat and lid. The staff did not fix either during my four day visit but after I posted a review on Hostelworld.com they were very quick to apologize by email and address the problem. One of my dorm-mates said the place wasn't as clean as it was a year ago when it first opened. Beds were comfy, pillows were not. Mixed feelings about staff. Some very helpful and professional, others there to party and flirt with female guests. Liked it and after hearing back from the staff, I would probably return a second time.
Sads79 Sads79
Small, friendly new place Sep 07, 2009
I came to DN as it was recommended by a fellow traveller as one of the best hostels she'd stayed in, and I hadn't heard of any other good places to stay in Bogota.

DN is a very down-to-earth, unpretentious, friendly place with ultra-nice staff who are only too happy to help. Its about $CP17,000/night for a 8-bed dorm, pretty reasonable.

Good points:

- hot powerful showers (the best I've seen in a few months!) and generally nice bathrooms

- nice new, clean kitchen

- free internet

- not a totally party hostel

- friendly staff that all speak English

On the downside:

- rock-hard, not overly comfortable beds

- it doesn't have a proper nice comfortable common/chill area - it has a small TV room and ann outdoor patio type area which is ok during the day but not at night (when its cold!)

For me, it was a nice place for a few days, just wish the beds were more comfortable!

Check Bogota Hotel Deals