Desitha Family House

Check Mirissa Hotel Deals

Desitha Family House Mirissa Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Desitha Family House May 28, 2017
Desitha Family House is another place that we stayed at while in Mirissa. On the pictures and reviews it was a promising place. Well to be honest, it is not horrible. The thing is that we were staying is such a warm and friendly family prior to this place, and then when we arrived to the Desitha, we got very confused people to show us the place. I mean, this house is overbuilt for one reason and that is to have as many rooms as possible. So, what is the problem with being nice to couple of backpackers! Getting to be ANGRY backpackers hahahahha. Just kidding, they were not bad, just a bit confused.

Location is pretty good, couple blocks from the highway so you can catch a bus in any direction. Port is also only few blocks away, and there you can enjoy in daily catch or take a boat tour to see wails.

So the guest house is in the high wall compound, behind the blue metal gate. Few breadfruit trees were full of fruit when we got there, and heavy balls were falling everywhere… Next day few guys with the large truck showed up and collected thons of the white sap crying fruit…

We got very, very large room on the bottom floor. This was the only room with the fan, and that was perfect for us. The room was some kind of passage or garage in the old layout and it has staircase that leads … nowhere heheehh. Well it goes towards the second floor and that’s all I know. The cool thing is that you can hang out on the stairs and be a cool kid on the block. One big bed and even bigger mosquito net above it is a focal point of the room. PINK net hahahhaha I mean, I loved it. I am a rugged man, and pink is totally my color. We used it and abused it! No mosquito came through! For a bit I felt like a fish in the net… you know, the fish sleeping on the bottom of the sea and fishermen is breaking its dreams… Being tall I always get tangled in the net with my toes. Oh well I can’t sleep in the fetus position all night long.

There was only one power plug in the whole room and they have this weird plug in Sri Lanka. Luckily enough we did not depend on phones or computers. We came here for the FANTASTIC beach, and that beach was some 3 blocks away. On that beach you can also score some good food and cheapish drinks. I also went diving for a bit and it is OK if visibility permits.

Thing that I did not like is that bathroom was a bit stuffy and painted black. That is for me sign that they are not cleaning it much. That area was full of mozies which is not a great thing if you are trying to relax during the number two hihihi

If you decide to go to this place, go to the one of the second floor rooms. They are newer and cleaner.
Paulovic says:
Congrats on being featured today!
Posted on: Jun 04, 2017