Design Museum

28 shad thames, London, United Kingdom

Design Museum London Reviews

travella travella
design museum Jun 27, 2009
Located about a 5min walk passed 'tower bridge' down shad thames youll find the design museum.

Not a very big building and only spread across two floors the design museum only offers two showcases at any one time.

Sometimes they are good and sometimes it really isn't worth it.

The design museum isnt' government funded and they do charge an entrance fee of 8.50 pounds, 5.00 pounds for students with a valid student card, a consession for seniors, and free for children under 12 years of age.

Having worked in the cafe for well over a year, I have heard many customers unsatisfied with their experience. Most of them feel the extrance fee is quite high and aren't happy with the size of the place.

The shop also is very expensive so if your looking for a one off item don't be suprised to pay and extortion...

I believe the 'tate modern' which is free, is larger and showcases much more..

Though if your still keen for a look see then it's up to you!

Related Travel Blogs About Design Museum

G'day Australia...it's good to be back
My return to Oz started off in Sydney back at old faithful Base Hostel where I would be spending my week, Sydney was much better than I remember it and I definitely think the fact I wa…Design Museum in London a few years ago, was exhibiting and his witty work is always a pleasure to see. Other…
Living in London
Obtaining a ten year visa and having the opportunity of living within such a wonderful city, i had finally made the decision not to live in 'aussie infested suburb of london' such as ACTON TOWN, SHEP…london zoo, tate modern museum, design museum, aspley house, arsenal stadium tour, big bus tours, jack the ripper walking tours…
Museum Junkie
I am a planner.  I love to read travel books and figure out ahead of time all the places I want to go...usually more places than I have time to see.  So I generally have a good I idea of wh…london and in my humble opinion a way better time.  If you care anything for design or fashion or world art don't miss this museum

Check London Hotel Deals