Der Europaische Hof Hotel Europa

Der Europaische Hof Hotel Europa Rates and Deals

Der Europaische Hof Hotel Europa Heidelberg Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A fabulous Hotel Feb 20, 2013
Der Europäische Hof is something as seldom as a 5 star family owned hotel. The hotel is located not far from the main walking street of the wonderful city of Heidelberg, a Heidelberg that benefits from its location next to the river and the mountains. The hotel does not look impressive from the outside but as soon as you drive your car in front of the entrance you can get a peek of the details of the inside. We arrived in the dark just after 6 pm and met on the parking by a sweet receptionist. She had come out to tell us where we could park, and it was just next to the hotel entrance where there was a huge parking under ground garage.

The reception was just inside the entrance door and the scenery just behind them confirmed that it was a grand place that we would enter. The background was colorful display of a time that was not anymore. The colors were bright but with surprised in bright red and soft green. The interior was everything that one picture in very few hotels these days. This was not a story that written yesterday but many years earlier.

I was given a room on the first floor and was escorted there by a polite and perfect English-speaking bellboy. He followed me all the way to my room, which is something that you hardly experience in Europe anymore. There was some way before we reached my room, where we walked in broad halls with high ceilings. My room was a huge surprise to me, because I had not imagined the color of the desk that was bright red.

The ceiling was extremely far up; my best guess would be more than 4 meters. I had a queen size bed in the middle of the room covered in off-white bedcover, and even the sides of the bed was white, when the cover was taken off. There was a red pillow on the bed and there was also one in the matching off-white armchair in the corner in front of the windows. The windows were really high as well, but a really nice feature was that they had put huge mirrors next to the windows, which gave more space to the room. The huge surprise was the bright red desk. The room was spacy and there was a 3 meters long hall that covered the huge bathroom. It was a really nice bathroom with a spa bath and I truly wished that I had more time to spend at this place. The room was built up in marble and it was nice and spacious.

We had a beer in the bar before we went out to eat and the high quality was constant wherever we went in this marvelous hotel. We didn’t have time to do anything else but sleep and leave the hotel but the 4th and 5th floor of the hotel was a spa.

The following morning we had the breakfast and is was really amazing, they had everything you could imagine and even German Sparkling wine. I have to mention the waitresses as well because they were smiling all the time and they were really service minded. The price of this hotel was more than fair and my colleague and I were both so impressed that we were talking about visiting this area again both for this hotel but also the beauty of Heidelberg.
The reception area
My room
The bathroom
The duck
Chokk says:
There is actually quite a funny story about these ducks. A study has shown that if the hotel has a duck that you can bring home, people will not steal anything else like towels, bathrobes and so on. So it is actually with a long term purpose that the duck is there.
Posted on: Jul 20, 2013
spocklogic says:
Looks a fine hotel room, Christian, and I never had a room provided with a rubber ducky - nice amenity!
Posted on: Jul 20, 2013
polvandenwirre polvande…
Five star luxury May 18, 2010
Hotel Europa, a part of the German Europaeischer Hof hotel chain,is the top of the bill in Heidelberg. It's luxurious as of the moment you enter the hotel. It offers standard rooms and suites, has a relaxing spa and an excellent restaurant. There's a public paid parking next to the entrance.

Our room was en suite; spacious with a separate bathroom. It had a view on the courtyard.

As you can expect of a five star hotel, the staff is impeccable.

The hotel is well situated in the old city center, a few blocks from the river.

All and all, a big treat in a beautiful city!
Aerial view
Europäischer Hof, 5 star luxury

Der Europaische Hof Hotel Europa Overview

The Mannheim Airport is located 19 kilometers from the Der Europaische Hof Hotel Europa. A host of tourist sites are close by. These include the Heidelberg Castle, Neckar River, Kurpfälzisches Museum, Carl Bosch Museum, German Apothecary Museum and the President Friedrich Ebert Memorial Site. The hotel is easily accessible via public transportation.

There are 118 accommodation units at the Der Europaische Hof Hotel Europa. Accommodation types include guest rooms, junior suites, apartments and a penthouse suite. All units are furnished with satellite/cable televisions with in-house movies, desks, ironing equipment, Internet connections and direct-dial phones. Most units offer garden views.

The Der Europaische Hof Hotel Europa is a four-storey luxury hotel that offers a full-service spa with various facilities. These include a solarium, a swimming pool, a Jacuzzi, a fitness center and a sauna. The hotel also provides conference/event rooms and an underground parking area. On-site dining options include the Kurfürstenstube Restaurant and the Europa Bar.

Der Europaische Hof Hotel Europa Amenities

• Solarium
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Steam Bath
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes