Departure Lounge Damansara Uptown

03-7725 7682

Departure Lounge Damansara Uptown Selangor Reviews

trippin_jen trippin_…
Departure Lounge Jan 25, 2013
As a "Travel-Lover" (if there's such a term), the name of this cafe itself is already a plus point. I was at Uptown to meet up with a friend and also to walk down memory lane as I used to stay in this area about 10 years ago. The moment my friend suggested that we 'try' Departure Lounge, I agreed in split second. Sounds GOOD! Let's check the place out!

The signboard is very prominent and its white-themed exterior makes it look clean and cozy. A few tables were set outside for smokers, but with the Malaysian weather, the only time you'd probably see people dining there would be very early in the morning.

The moment you open the door, you'll be greeted with a book shelf filled with Travel Books - YAY! A few sofas are provided next to the entrance window, while the others are mostly normal tables and chairs. There's also a high table and chair, suitable for a group of 6-8.

The barista's uniform are also cute, with 4 yellow stripes on each sleeve, representing the ranking of pilots, usually found on the shoulders of their uniforms. At the back it's written 'coffee is my co-pilot', which is really cute.

Food wise, I can't comment as I went there only for a drink, and their recommended Sweet Potato Fries. Not to my liking I must admit. And the chocolate drink was nothing to wow about.

Price wise, average for such concept cafe, but expensive in general. Do I even make sense? A slice of cake costs about MYR 10, which is even more expensive than Secret Recipe, which I don't think is worth it.

But the interior is really nice, with menu board looking like signs you'd see in airports. It does create a 'travel feeling'. One of the walls is also decorated with lots of photos 'taken' around the world, or probably more precisely, downloaded from Google.

The downside however, was that the cafe is not sound-absorbent. The place is not big, and was almost full the whole time we were there. You could see everyone enjoying themselves, with lots of laughter. But that can also be a (sort of) negative point, cos then the place gets extremely noisy and you can hear echoes everywhere. To describe it in a bad way - it sounded like the wet market, minus the shoutings.

One thing that came to my mind was, why don't they have an announcement system to make it more like a Departure Lounge? For example, they could go "Ding Ding Ding Ding. Your attention please. Will diner from table number xx please proceed to the collection counter for immediate dining". Hahhahah! Just a silly idea... :)

Definitely a place I'd go again and hope they'll open more branches.
Departure Lounge: Entrance
trippin_jen says:
Aiseh, you know of such nice place but didn't tell me earlier...
Posted on: Jan 29, 2013
timochuah says:
was there twice...but only have quick breakfast, have not have chance sit longer to enjoy some reading there....
Posted on: Jan 29, 2013
soonthiam says:
For a moment I thought there is a new bus terminal .:P
Posted on: Jan 26, 2013