7215 MacLeod Trail SW , Calgary, Canada
(403) 253-4818

Denny's Calgary Reviews

ladyluck13and7 ladyluck…
Hungover? Hungry? Hungover and Hungry? Jul 20, 2010
I always go to Denny's when I'm hungover. It's comforting, like the teat of a cow is to its calf. It says to me when I've partied until 7 AM in the morning,

"Come, come my child and I will nourish you with fatty sausages and delicious pancakes. I will pad your thighs with my tasty milk shakes. I will make you fat. I will make you jolly. Enjoy life my daughter and let the succulent crispy hash browns sit in your mouth like an oily treasure. Come!"

So I hear the call of Mama Denny's, and enter.

I am greeted by a hurried friendly staff member and ushered into a booth, not a pew in the church of fine dining, but a seat in the temple of comfort food.

I often feel like I should be in church, since Im often there on Sunday mornings.

I order from the menu. Accompanying each offering is a picture. All the pictures look as delicious as a Playmate model in my state.

I order.

The food comes in plates the size of my hubcaps.

I eat and enjoy. Often I eat so much I feel pregnant. Which freaks me out because I was drunk last night.

I pay. The bill is less than 15 bucks.

I am still hungover. I use the bathroom which is clean and utilitarian.

I go home and sleep

And next week

I will be back Mama Denny's
RyanCorrea says:
Posted on: Jan 31, 2011
ladyluck13and7 says:
Why thank you, really awful poetry, but Im not keats!
Posted on: Aug 03, 2010
londonstudent says:
Lovely review - almost like poetry!
Posted on: Aug 03, 2010
michayla25 michayla…
Great Jun 04, 2010
We went for some breakfast for lunch, and it was very fast, and very delicious. Our server was very nice.
world-traveller123 world-tr…
A Good Denny's In South Calgary Jun 23, 2003
Review of Denny’s in Calgary

I have been to this Denny’s a few times in the 1980’s here and at time they had a good milkshakes.

I came back to Calgary in 2003 and I was near this place again. I went in for dinner and had good steak dinner. Probably not steakhouse quality but Denny’s Style.

It was a good experience, simple diner and a nice booth I sat at.

The server was very good to me as she gave me a free newspaper to read while I wait for my meal.

I ordered a sirloin steak with baked potato and vegetables. The manager even served it to me personally.

Overall this meal was quite good and tasted like a real potato and steak was properly done. I would order this meal again and at same location.

The service was very fast as I was checked on many times, by manager and servers. I would attend this place again.

I recommend this place for anyone who likes simple meals and simple atmosphere. It is no club style or hip hop by any means, just plain and simple.

So if your in Calgary, stop by for a burger or wing and let me know your experience.

Thanks for hearing my review travbuddies.
sign of Denny's