Denehouse Bed & Breakfast Bowness-on-Windermere

Check Bowness-on-Windermere Hotel Deals

Denehouse Bed & Breakfast Bowness-on-Windermere Reviews

Real_PeaceWarrior Real_Pea…
Cosy, Comfy and Exceptionally Friendly Nov 20, 2008
I arrived at this pleasant little guesthouse which has been given a 4 star AA rating at around 5pm where I was met by Malcolm, who along with Marguerite was the co-owner. After registering he showed me to my room and the facilities, which although were fairly basic but, were very clean and extremely homely looking.

My room wasn't the largest, but it was a single room and was more than adequate. It was again cosy and warm with a small portable television, there wasn't any satellite but I wasn't there to watch the box. There were tea/coffee making facilities, with hot chocolate available and biscuits and a chocolate, though I didn't spot the wine chiller advertised on the website, good job I don't like my red wine chilled! My only slight gripe was that it wasn't ensuite and I had to use a bathroom just across the hall, but still no great inconvenience.

The guesthouse is located just outside Bowness town centre and is a very short walk to the pubs, bars and restaurants of the village. It is also on the main road out of town and was just a minutes drive to the connecting road for Kendal where I would be travelling to each day. Parking was a little tight when the place was full, and I had to park the Warrior behind other vehicles blocking them in until I left in the morning, good job I was an early riser for once.

The shower was an excellent start to the day, very warm and powerful and well worth the short trip across the landing to the bathroom. As I said the amenities were basic, but otherwise absolutely great.

I was the only who had stayed there the night before, and therefore had the breakfasting room all to myself. There was a bowl of freshly sliced fruit waiting on the table, I added some yoghurt to this and it was just perfect. I opted for the full english breakfast and I can only describe it as one of the best I have enjoyed for many months. I was looked after by Lisa who works there, very pleasant and engaging me in conversation throughout.

There was a fresh fruit bowl every morning, and I had to repeat the full-english most mornings, although I did try the porridge one morning, which was also very good. Over the weekend the place was full, many of the other guests were repeat visitors and were given the same treatment as best friends. To be honest though I felt like we were all treated like friends whether we'd stayed there a hundred times or this was our first visit.

Although it is not immediately evident there is a private wireless network connection which when I asked Malcolm very nicely he provided me with the password to enable me to use it.

Marguerite, Malcolm and Lisa were a great and very friendly team that made a extremely pleasant and homely guesthouse into a truly memorable place to stay in whilst visiting the Lakes. This is one of the best places I've ever stayed including some so called luxury hotels, and cost me £30 a night, which is pretty reasonable. The guest comments in the Visitors Book speak volumes, there wasn't anything other than unreserved praise for the guesthouse or the team that run it. If you're visiting I can thoroughly recommend Dene House as the ideal place to lay your head.
Small, but perfectly formed.
The other end of the room.
The place for a good breakfast!

Denehouse Bed & Breakfast Bowness-on-Windermere Overview

The Denehouse Bed & Breakfast Bowness-on-Windermere is located within reach of many of the Bowness-on-Windermere area’s attractions, including Lake Windermere. The hotel is also nearby to attractions like the Windermere Marina Village and the Spinnaker Club. Besides this, the hotel is nearby to many of the area’s restaurants, shops, and business addresses. The Denehouse Bed & Breakfast Bowness-on-Windermere is easily accessible by car, and guests can park on site at the hotel. Guests can walk to many of the area’s attractions, and they can also get around town on a bus or train.

The rooms of the Denehouse Bed & Breakfast Bowness-on-Windermere are comfortable and modern, and they offer guests plenty of modern amenities, including en suite bathrooms with bathrobes and separate showers and tubs. Besides this, all of the rooms offer ironing facilities and televisions, and all of the rooms are non-smoking.

This modern hotel offers guests plenty of modern amenities, including a swimming pool, a steam room, a sauna, and spa baths. The Denehouse Bed & Breakfast Bowness-on-Windermere also offers guests a complimentary on-site breakfast each morning of the week, as well as complimentary tea and biscuits on site each morning.

Denehouse Bed & Breakfast Amenities

• CD Player
  • Garden
  • Lake
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)

Check Bowness-on-Windermere Hotel Deals