Demonstration Garden

SW corner of University and Main St., Nacogdoches, TX, USA

Demonstration Garden Nacogdoches Reviews

walterman9999 walterma…
Demonstration Garden, Nacogdoches, Texas USA Feb 25, 2015
The Demostration Garden (7 acres) and the water is owned by the City Of Nacogdoches. All of this has been given to the Master Gardeners of Nacogdoches to make it beautiful.

I am a long time landscaper and attended the meeting of the Master Gardners and things did not go well. First they had no interest in letting me speak and made it clear that they only wanted me for slave laborer, mostly in the hot summer. Then they told me I needed to do 50 hours of hard laber called "community service" and I never had a DWI. I declined. I have always managed my own landscaping projects especially my intense landscaping of my homestead paradise.

A year later the City gave control of the acres of land and free water to the Master Gardeners. Their first year was good because they had reasonable management and an irrigation system.

The following year the new management started the bitter arguements and back stabbing...and they got rid of the irrigation systems so members had to bring their own waterhose and wait for an open spicket. (Spickets were covered, underground, dark, and wet...prime habitat for black widow spiders and snakes.) They also drove off all their best landscapers. This year the dictator, I mean the management, decided that they would not open the water spickets till July when the ground is parched dry. They have one year term limitations of their management, but the remainder of the master gardeners are intiminated so one manager has maintained absolute control for years. Sorry, this is not my battle.

The garden has super populations of fireants that cause much pain and inconvience. The manger keeps all the funded fireant bait, (and other funded supplies and equipment at the manager's residence), so the workers have to buy their own supplies with there own money while the garden has a budget to cover supplies.

I feel sorry for the many people that worked so very hard at the garden, especially in the hot summers, and I think their work was wasted.

I went by the garden a few days ago for fresh photos, and the guarden looked like poop.
Demonstration Garden, sign and mai…
plaque
garden
Bug Garden
walterman9999 says:
Thanks May,
good luck is a part of my life.
walterman9999 says:
Ils,
a big "D" smile is nice. You may not have noticed I remembered more info and added to the Demonstration Garden review
Ils1976 says:
Walter if you look closer, you notice that the D is a very big smile!!! :D

Check Nacogdoches Hotel Deals