Delta Hotel Amsterdam City Centre

Delta Hotel Amsterdam City Centre Rates and Deals

Delta Hotel Amsterdam City Centre Reviews

nikkilee nikkilee
Delta Hotel Amsterdam! Aug 14, 2011
the Delta Hotel is a very convenient hotel pretty much in Dam Square it is only a short distance to Amsterdam's central train station and lies on the edge of the red light district. it is close to most attractions and i found it to be in the perfect location and it was always very easy to find.

the rooms were of course Amsterdam small for anyone who has never been there that means TINY!! but it had everything i needed with my own little bathroom to so was good. my bed was very comfy so was able to get a good sleep. although it can be a little loud at times because it is so close to dam square. they also had a life which was very good as quit a lot of Amsterdam hotels dont even the more expensive ones

breakfast is included at the nice restaurant down stairs and you receive a discount on other meals you have there through the day. the reception staff are friendly and helpful.

i found this hotel to be exactly what i needed fairly cheap, great location, and exactly what i needed in a room not super pretty but comfortable!
njaaa njaaa
Delta Amsterdam Mar 20, 2011
I realy like this hotel because of its location and price. It is small but clean and the beds (in our room) were very comfortable.
robzvoice robzvoice
A Stone's Throw Away from Everything Jul 17, 2008
Delta Hotel is located on the main strip of Amsterdam just a very short walking distance away from the Amsterdam Centraal Train Station. You are within a few minutes from the souvenir shops, the Sex Museum, the Red Light district, eating joints, smart shops, coffee shops, and general shopping without the use of a bike, car, bus, or tram.

Staff: The front desk clerk was very friendly and went out of his way to assist us getting settled in. I believe his name was Ulod (not sure of the spelling).

Check-in: Check-in is at 2pm. If you arrive early, you can leave you bags/luggage at the front desk. The clerk recommends you keep your passport with you for obvious reasons. They will provide you with one card key, and TV remote control. Additionally, they will provide a different type of card key dedicated for the TV to access movies. There is a charge for these movies. The normal TV channels are free.

The place: The lobby was small and did not offer much in terms of a lounging area and wasn't too aesthetically pleasing. The elevator was small which seems to be a constant in any european hotel of this type. They do have stairs if you prefer that option. The hotel is connected to a restaurant next door. This is where you can get a complimentary breakfast if you so desire. Breakfast is served between the hours of 7am to 10am.

The hotel room I was given came with two twin beds (as requested) since I was accompanied by a friend of mine. The room was naturally small but big enough to move about. There are no mini bars... not that I would use it. The balcony is accessible but covered with a tarp since they are in the middle of doing renovations on the front of the building. The balcony door did not lock properly which was a slight concern to me.

The toilet (water closet, or bathroom, depending where you come from) was of modest size. Noted water stains on the ceiling but overall the bathroom was clean. They have 2 soap dispensers. One located by the sink and one by the bathtub. The bathtub did not have any shower curtains to keep the water from spraying on the bathroom floor. There were no showerhead mount to mount the shower head so you are either left with taking a bath, or cleaning yourself using one hand while holding the shower head with the other hand. I can only speak for the room we were in.

The bed was comfortable for me since I spent the last 9 hours touring around Amsterdam. I slept well but woke up a couple of times from the heavy footfalls coming from the ceiling, and the loud conversations from folks in the other rooms hanging out in their balconies.

Check-out time: Check-out time is at 11am. You must bring back you room card key, TV card key, and the TV remote control to the front desk to properly check out the hotel.

I would recommend this hotel only those as a place to drop your bags and to crash for the night after a long day (and night) of touring around Amsterdam, shopping, and enjoying the nightlife.
Delta Hotel, Amsterdam
spocklogic spocklog…
Amsterdam hotel near main train station Jul 11, 1999
I don't recall exactly why I stayed at the Delta Hotel, but probably because it was cheap and a short walk down Damrak from the main train station. I didn't have much money in those days back in 1999, so it was rather a necessity to sacrifice comfort for cheap rooms to make my money go a bit farther. Mind you, the US dollar generally went a long way in Europe back in those days, but in order to see the sights and eat, I would stay in places like the Delta Hotel. These days I am better off and can afford more decent digs. I've come to appreciate a nice hotel as part of the travel experience.

Well, the saying 'you get what you pay for' is often true and you don't get much at Delta, or at least back in 1999 when I stayed there. The rooms are small and cramped, the bathrooms like walk in closets and the noise from outside is clearly audible in the room as it is located right on a busy street with lots of activity - people, cars, trams and such. It seemed like a hotel that caters to the younger crowd and some rowdy behavior. There were even vending machines in the hotel that dispensed beer. Yeah, it was that kind of place. I like beer as much as anyone I suppose, but beer from a vending machine just doesn't seem aesthetically right to me!

Nevertheless, there are plenty of shops, restaurants and such right on Damrak and it's convenient for catching the tram right outside the door when going to tour the city. It's located fairly close to the Red Light district and not all that far in walking distance from other sights too. Other than that I don't have much in praise to say about it. It's ok as a bed to sleep for the night if you are spending your days out and about in touring the city. It's cheap, but if you want a bit more comfort and something quieter then you can do better than here. Amsterdam is loaded with low budget hotels I discovered and I got a good sense of that in walking around the city and seeing what it had to offer.
Delta Hotel sign
Hotel Facade I
Hotel Facade II
spocklogic says:
Thank you, Cicie, and I think it extends to life in general too. We can better appreciate what we have in life and have worked for when remembering old days of struggle and hardship. It's a perspective best appreciated by the experiences that shape us I suppose. A bit of existential thought there I guess...
cicie says:
I interested with your story about travelling and hotel on limited budget , Brian :) This is a nice experience.
spocklogic says:
Well, I was still a struggling Postdoc back in 1999, but my fortunes turned better the following year and I've done alright since then. I appreciate my travels more now (even so I can afford them better) because I had the experiences of traveling on limited budget before Y2K.

Delta Hotel Amsterdam City Centre Amenities

• Hair Dryer
  • TV
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower