Delphi Cafe Restaurant

34 Northgate, Wakefield, United Kingdom

Delphi Cafe Restaurant Wakefield Reviews

DAO DAO
Greek Gourmet Feb 08, 2017
The Delphi Café Restaurant is constantly ranked as the number 1 restaurant in Wakefield on another website. There is a very good reason for this. They are the best restaurant! I had the pleasure of dining here recently and returning to award them a VT Award for just being fantastic. It’s a nice and peaceful place to have a meal and the service is warm and friendly. When I entered I was shown my table and my beer was ordered. It was delivered in seconds with some of the best olives I have ever tasted and some nice bread. I also had my first Fix Beer, which is the oldest brewery in Greece. And excellent start!

I ordered their signature Mezze Platter. What an amazingly tasty and wonderful meal. I have had Greek food in Greece and Cyprus, but always in tourist areas. This is the best Greek meal I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying.

The Mezze starts with Greek salad (tomato, onion, cucumber & feta cheese), Prawn Saganki (pan fried prawns, feta and a hint of chili), Keftedes (meatballs), Spanakopitta (spinach & feta pie), Tsatsiki and Hummus.

The Main is:

Lamb Keleftiko (slow cooked lamb with oregano & garlic), Moussaka (layered aubergine, courgette & minced lamb), Pork or Chicken Souvlaki (marinated meat with onions & peppers on skewers), Beef Stifado (beef in a red wine sauce with herbs & onions), Rice and Vagetables. They offer Briam which is similar to ratatouille as a vegetarian option.

Deserts:

Baklava (filo pastry layered with walnuts, pistachios & honey), Cheesecake (soft cheese, fresh cream & lemon), Tiramisu (mascarpone, coffee & cream).

To Finish:

A shot of ouzo! And a large takeaway box for the food you can’t finish.

A superior restaurant, superior food and fantastic service. They operate on one side of the building as a café with English dishes and some Greek ones for Breakfast and Lunch. The full Greek menu is available on the other side every night from 17:00 - 23:00.

Check Wakefield Hotel Deals