Deli Roasts

1207 Fenton Street, Rotorua, New Zealand

Deli Roasts Rotorua Reviews

DAO DAO
The Best Roast Diners in the World Feb 02, 2017
Actually this amazing place is better than the title I gave it above. It’s actually full Roast Dinners to Takeaway! And they don’t just give you good portions, they give you HUGE portions! When one of the people in my travelling party did not feel well, they mentioned that when they had visited England that a full English Roast Dinner had made them feel great after jetlag. This sort of memory came up because of the connections between New Zealand and the UK. I was asked to go out and find some takeaway food. Chinese was mentioned, fish & chips, burgers and more of the same. I duly went out in the rental car to secure takeaway food.

As I was driving around I went past a small place in the middle of a row of shops called ‘Deli Roasts’. I actually drove past it a second time and for some reason I did a U-turn and went back. Something was telling me to go there. Some sort of roast dinner voice in my head. It said ‘stop here’. I did. Thankfully for the general public I do not normally do what voices in my head tell me to do.

When I walked in I noticed 2 things. First I saw amazing and juicy roast beef, roast chicken, roast turkey and many English looking vegetables. Then I noticed 2 Korean people. OK, not customers, but the really awesome Korean couple that run this place. My food was so good (I found out later) that I could have jumped over the counter and hugged them. They do everything to perfection.

As I waited to be served I watched these not young people, carving the roasts and adding the vegetables and even Yorkshire Puddings into containers and stuffing the heck out of them. They had actually perfected a way to place an almost double portion of food into a plastic container and not make it explode. They were awfully close. Just to make this picture live for you – imaging the salad bar at a grocery store. One that charges by the container and not the weight. How much do you cheat? Yes you do – don’t lie. A lot. And you have to hold it shut with your hand when you go to the checkout. Well this nice couple have perfected this and made it shut. How they do this is more of their amazing magic. And the other amazing thing? They give you two containers for every meal. 1) The meat. 2) The vegetables. That's how much you get!

The meat alone looked so juicy and smelled so nice in my car, I almost cheated. However I knew that I would never be able to reclose the containers – they were all that full. At least with a burger place you can steal French Fries from every one you picked the food up for and never get caught.

Back at the hotel we all discovered the following things:

• Deli Roasts carves some of the best and most tender roast meats in the world!

• They give you too much

• Breakfast is very interesting and filling with the leftovers

• We love Deli Roasts of Rotorua, New Zealand

We tried and liked every roast they serve!

Check Rotorua Hotel Deals