Delhi Metro Yellow Line

Delhi Metro Yellow Line - Map

Delhi Metro Yellow Line New Delhi Reviews

Nair2011 Nair2011
Metro with International Standards Jun 17, 2012
Delhi metro service is definitely the fastest, cheapest and comfrtable rise one can ever have while being in Delhi. I am impressed with the frequency and standards. I could wait to tell all my friends that Delhi has International standard metro service now.

I have travelled to Some of the attractions of Delhi through metro trains. Many of them are close to the metro stations. Delhi metro currently operate in 5 lines. Yellow, Violet, Blue and Orange.

I have travelled on Yellow line and the experience is WOW. I have seen a train in every 3 mins.

Here is the list of attractions and near by metro stations.

Qutub Minar, World Heritage listed attraction: Qutub Minar station on Yellow line. Exit and take a share auto for IRS 15.

Red Fort, World Heritage listed attraction: Chandini chowk station on Yellow line. Exit from Gate number 5 and 500 mtrs walk.

Delhi hatt, Souvenirs shopping: INA station on Yellow line. Exit from Gate no 1. 50 mtrs walk.

India Gate and Parliament building: Central Secreteriat station on Yellow line. Exit from Gate no 3 and 2 KMs walk on the road where India celebrates republic parade every year looking at India Gate.

Humayun's Tomb: Jor bagh station on Yellow line or JNL Station on Violet Line. Exit and Take an auto. Costs around 1 USD, 50 INR.

Lotus Temple: Kalkaji Temple station on Violet lane. Left from Exit we can see the Lotus temple.

I will add more info as when I see more attraction to the list here.. :-)
Metro
Map
Compartment
Compartment
spocklogic says:
Lots of attractions to see via the subway lines - good way to get around New Delhi. I took one of the elevated lines around one day - quite impressive.
Posted on: Jun 25, 2012