Del Posto

(212) 497-8090

Del Posto New York Reviews

Sam310 Sam310
Great food and service! Mar 30, 2013
Well this place is freaking awesome!! the food is rock solid delicious! and the service at its best to every detail!!! i would definitely recommend this place! i had no complaints!!!

The day i went to this place was during the Hurricane Sandy October 2012.. this restaurant was not in my original plans to visit. but due to the nature of what was happening most all of my other restaurant reservations got canceled.. this one the only restaurant open prior to Sandy hitting manhattan. My Sister and I happen to stop by here, after all del posto is a Michelin restaurant so i knew it could not be that bad at all. from the minute you walk in to the minute you leave the restaurant you are well treat and lots of attention.

My sister and I had the 10 course tasting menu.. with our first course being risotto with winter alba white truffles... OMG!!! this was like being in heaven i would say.. it was just perfectly balanced to detail and well presented and after all you can never go wrong with truffles.. mmmm mmm i love me truffles!!

As we progressed through our courses they just kept getting better and better, not to say the wine is superb, and well complimented the dish one after the other.. a perfect pairing i would say. The winners for me where the Risottto and the lobster salad and the veal chop with a truffle Au Jus.. theese three dishes were the highlight for me and my sis. not to say the dessert part was probably the most memorable part,, not to mention i am not much of a sweet person but these were to die for...

I had the Brown butter panna cotta and my sister got the 6 flavor ice cream with something else which i forgot... From the house we got a olive oil ice cream and a chocolate and pistachio cake in addition to a secret wooden box that stashes a these little small bite desserts... it was like being in a Magical land...

Definitely recommend del posto even after it was not on my list of restaurant to dine in during my trip to Last year in NYC... this place left a memorable spot in my mind whether it was those three entrees or the dessert part, however it was, i would definitely come back here again.. oh and cant forget the most memorable part was the bill :( lol
AntakiBasha says: