Deira Fish Market

Shimdagha, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Deira Fish Market Dubai Reviews

travelwithsuz travelwi…
DEIRA DUBAI FISH MARKET….FRESH PRODUCE AT REASONABLE PRICES Mar 10, 2015
In my opinion, a nation’s culture is also found in the local markets. Today, I had the opportunity to visit the Deira Fish Market in Dubai. This compound is situated along Shindagha, an easy 10 minutes walk from the Gold and Spice Souq.

Upon entering it’s premises, i noticed that each vendor was wearing a uniform. A good indicator that the market was kept clean and orderly.

I don’t know what it was, but the markets excite me. Maybe it was the bright hues of reds, greens, yellows, oranges and more. I felt happy as my eyes were greeted by an array of fruit and vegetable stands in all variety. But best of all, FM7I saw it as an arena for hagglers like me. A kilo of spot prawns was offered at 20 Dhs ($ 6) ….we went back and forth bidding for the price…..until bam….I stole it for a tenner ($ 3)!

For those who are buying loads of produce in the market, don’t worry about carrying all the purchased goods, because there are busboys who drag along a wheelbarrow, waiting at your beck and call. Just make sure you are ready to pay them with some dirhams after bringing your stuff to the car or taxi.

I really had a fun time snooping around the fish market. Simple moments like these made me realize that in Dubai, there are still places you can visit, to learn and enjoy, without paying for an admission ticket.
Proud Vendors
A kilo of Spot Prawns for $3!
The Bidding Starts Here..
The Beautiful Colours of the Rainb…
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats on being featured!
curious_claire says:
Congrats on your featured review :)
travelwithsuz says: