Deira Creek

04 222 7171

Deira Creek Dubai Reviews

andmar andmar
Its lovely Apr 10, 2010
I did the dhow cruise during the noon time and inspite the high temprature it felt good. I did enjoy it a lot. I recomend arrive there 30 minutes before it starts to make sure you have the best seats.

Also i think that a dinner cruise would be nice, although i did not try it. I did see the creek by night from the shore and seen all the dhows sailing at the same time was a spectacular sight.
sita_11 sita_11
Spending time at Deira Creek, Dubai Nov 09, 2009
Deira creek in Dubai could be one of good option to spend the afternoon & evening, especially now when it's winter time, oh we're talking about Dubai, so the winter time here is only around at least 17-19 degrees celcius, so temperature is still normal, anyway start with taking a walk by the creek where you can see the fisherman's daily life, then not too far from there there's like cafetaria where you can nibble on Samosa(indian pastry)or Shawarma accompanied with Coconut drink or something, then just in front of this shop, you'll see lines of Abra(local wooden boat) that float and park there waiting for passangers, hop yourself there and enjoy the ride even it's pretty short as it's only crossing from one side(from Deira) to the other(to Bur Dubai) but it's still quite pleasant to sit there and watch the "traffic" on the creek and you got the breeze all the way. Seagull are normally flying around the creek and they could fly quite close to the abra too, this could be a good scene ;) On the evening time, there's Dinner Cruise with lights all over their boat, it looks lovely and with huge window around, so u can take a wild guess how they're having their steak that night :D

Once you reach the other side of the creek, called Bur Dubai, hop off there and u're at typical arabic market, we call it here Souq(arabic word for market) that has many different shops which sells from fabric to fake branded watch and even blackmarket branded parfume, which just come in a bottle, without any packaging(that's why it's quite cheap :D, well at least this is what i got :)Perhaps it's just been off loaded from the ship so this smuggling thing like this is just normal here? btw, nearby the souq there's a cozy cafe where normally people sipping on nice Maroccoan tea as well smoking shisha. It's a cozy place to sit and at the same time you can enjoy the scenery of the boats that's slowly passing by. This place indeed far from the glamorous impression of Dubai, I feel this place look more real and simple, totally opposite from the other side of the town where the tallest sky craper building or 7 star hotel are around and famous for. I hope they still keep this kind of place as I think it has more character.
Sunset at Deira Creek
sweetnchoco says:
Hi1 hanks for sharing this. I will be there sometime on May.
Posted on: Mar 30, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Deira Creek

Up a creek. Without a toaster.
Our Dubai adventure for the day was to cross the Dubai Creek and explore the Deira neighborhood, where Dubai’s large Gold Souk (shopping area) can be found. We wandered the neighborhood and studied…Dubai Creek and explore the Deira neighborhood , where Dubai’s large Gold Souk (shopping area) can be found. We wandered…
A world of shopping
I probably spent more time shopping today than I did in all of 2008. We are in Dubai, a pit-stop visit on our flight from Sydney to Brussels, and our final day before reaching our destination.Dubai i…creek from Deira to Bur Dubai, the old town on the south-west bank of the Creek. Such a striking…
CFD
Touring the Middle East with an old friend
When i signed off in Rotterdam I had a coupleof months of vacation saved up and I decided to go to Dubai and see where life took me. I told one of my friends that I where going and he wanted to tag a…creek from Bur Dubai to Deira. THIS IS A MUST DO IN DUBAI! After that we went to the Spice…

Check Dubai Hotel Deals