Deerfield Valley Inn

120 Vermont 100, West Dover, VT, USA

Compare Dover Hotel Rates (4km away)

Deerfield Valley Inn West Dover Reviews

jenniescharm jenniesc…
Cozy Inn in the Green Mountains of Vermont Jan 08, 2013
During a recent December getaway I stayed at the Deerfield Valley Inn in West Dover, VT. Our visit was before the ski season was in full swing, so we had the place almost to ourselves (no more than two other rooms in the nine room inn were occupied). We stayed in a deluxe Queen room complete with private bathroom, TV, sitting area, and wood-burning fireplace. Our room was so cozy and comfy that I could have slept all day and been perfectly happy with my vacation. The bathroom included many of the extras you find in hotels – soap, shampoo and conditioner, body lotion.

The proprietors were very accommodating as they quietly saw to all the details. When we needed a bottle opener for our wine, they had one at the ready and even offered to put our bottle of wine in the refrigerator while we went to dinner. Breakfast was delicious – fresh baked bread (banana and pumpkin during our stay), a choice of an omelet or pancakes, bacon or sausage, toast, coffee and juice. The small plate of cookies or brownies next to the coffee pot in the front entrance was a nice touch. (I don’t usually drink coffee, so I was pleasantly surprised to see a selection of teas and hot cocoa.) The Inn also offers a living/sitting room with fireplace. Had I been at the Inn for any amount of time in the evening, I know I would have loved curling up on the couch next to the fire.

Located in the Green Mountains, the Inn is a short 10-min drive to Mount Snow. Neither my friend nor I ski, so we didn’t hit the few slopes that were open. Had there been a little more snow on the ground, we definitely would have liked to have gone snow tubing. Instead we headed a few miles south to Wilmington where we spent a few enjoyable hours wandering around the local shops (country store, bookstore, candle shop, etc.) before stopping for lunch on our way to the Honora Winery Tasting Room in Jacksonville.

Compare Dover Hotel Rates (4km away)

Deerfield Valley Inn Map