Death Valley National Park

(760) 786-3200

Death Valley National Park Beatty Reviews

london110 london110
Desert scenery, humid as hell! May 13, 2013
From a blog: You can walk across salt flats at 282 ft below sea level, or listen to your voice reverberate off the stone walls of conical structures at 6800 ft above sea level. Where you can travel 10 minutes (or less!) up the road and watch the scenery change before your eyes. Where you can hike deep into a canyon and completely immerse yourself in the golden colors while contrasting red rocks tower overhead. Where you can take the roads less traveled and quietly exist with endangered desert bighorn sheep (if you're lucky!). Where you can walk amongst the ghost of a town that once stood in the desolate desert.

I visited Death Valley National Park in 2009 as part of a road trip to Los Angeles, California. This park consists of a huge sign, lots of open area of desert like scenery and a museum. It's hot as hell, my car temp gauge read 41 degrees celsius. A great place to take photos. You may come across sheep, snakes and many birds. It's quite a shock to step out of your air conditioned car into the what feels like a desert. If your goal is to see every national park, this one is an easy check off your bucket list.
callufrax says:
I never got to Death Valley, on my last visit to California. Always wanted to, though. Still, there's always next time!
Posted on: May 24, 2013
yasuyo yasuyo
Great viewing of Death Valley Jul 24, 2012
I never heard "Death Valley" before until I go to there. We were just looking for the National Park to visit from Las Vegas then the tour desk reccomend to us Death valley which is still not popular National Park. We went to there by the tour though it was only two couples,so it was long day trip moving by a car.

Death Valley is not so gorgeous place when I compared it with another National Park I've visited. Also the name makes me imagine something scary place though,actually a few people dead there by shortage of water and a terrible heat when they lost the way at 1894 in the gold rush. It seems happened only one time.

It worth to visit to see huge lands with salt. There included a region 86m below.

There is a mystery say,"moving rock". The stones have moving far away at night but seems like it has not solve yet.
Ayano hate stay in this terrible h…
looking white is all salt!!
Great view!
montanaman montanam…
Death valley national park Jul 18, 2011
Great Place to visit in early spring the whole desert is filled with colorful flowers...Bad Water , Furance creek are the high lights of the south ..Scottys castle and meteor landing the hightlight of the north ...great food and sights at furance creek , all you can eat buffett 16.00 bucks anytime fer info 77759103115 if you need help?
Kriss81 Kriss81
Wonderful scenery Mar 28, 2011
I took a one day tour to Death Valley from Las Vegas. The scenery is really wonderful with lots of interesting facts added by the tour guide. You are better of however, if you drive on your own, as the guided tours are really expensive, and do not cover a lot of interesting spots.
Thebathrobebaron Thebathr…
Death Valley - It’s not your average desert Dec 21, 2008
First of all, it’s almost like going to many locations all at once. I suggest going here and bringing your camera. There is just thousands of things to photograph as you walk, drive, hike, slide your way around the Valley of Death. The accommodations were nice, not luxurious, but nice. There are only two hotels in the Valley, and they are both owned by the same company. The Furnace Creek Inn and Resort. The Inn is a high end hotel up on the top of a hill (didn’t even look at it). And the Resort is a sweet rustic hotel with a natural spring heated pool, post office, indoor and outdoor museum, restaurants, saloon, and stables.

We did not get to everything the park had to offer (we only stayed two days), but we did see the most amazing sand dunes that look as if they have no business being in the location they are, a salt creek that is the home to some very bizarre fish, and a number of the most breathtaking rock formations I have ever seen.

The location of the resort was such that as you meander around the park, your choices of eateries is very limited. (i.e. you have to eat at the resort). The food was average, but slightly over priced. (Think “Amusement Park” – where they know you have no choice but to eat there). There are refrigerators in the rooms, so pack’in yer own chow is an option. Forget about the salon as a wild night spot. We went there at 10:00 pm on Saturday night, and it was just us, one other couple and the barkeep. OK if you like acid country music, and while everyone had a beer, my cosmopolitan was not the best I’ve had. (I heard the beer was awesome!)

Related Travel Blogs About Death Valley National Park

Old harmony borax works
WOO HOO, WE ARE ALMOST THERE....It was an hour drive from beatty, NV to the california border. as soon as you cross the california border it is death valley national park. we stopped to take pictures…beatty, NV to the california border. as soon as you cross the california border it is death valley national park
The gateway to death valley national park
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK it was 5:45am when my alarm rang. will(w_clemmons) was gonna be picking me up at 6am. i know he is gonna be on time. i think i was crazy when i said 6am. especially, i only h… EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK it was 5:45am when my alarm rang. will( w_clemmons ) was gonna be picking me up at 6am…

Check Beatty Hotel Deals