Death Road Downhill

La Paz, Bolivia

Death Road Downhill La Paz Reviews

IamJo IamJo
Death Road, Bolivia Mar 25, 2011
Great thrill with this one. You're given a bike, a helmet and off you go. Just hope you don't meet anything on the road and go off the edge. This most certainly means death! Crosses dot the verges, heart in mouth stuff! It is basically a dirt road of maybe 2/3 meters wide, which winds down a mountain. If you go off the edge you have a fall of 100 - 200 feet or meters Im not sure, either is enough to meet certain death! The road seems to go on for ages but the views are AMAZING! We started with about 15 in our group, by the bottom there were 6 in the van crawling behind us. They had come off their bike and been injured badly enough to be unable to continue. The tshirt you get on completion reads "I'm a death road surviver", most definitely one I wear with pride..
malamojca malamojca
Jul 24, 2007
very good experience. you have to do it if you are in La Paz. The prices are different - depands on agency, but you can negotiate about the price ;) from 20 to 75 USD (depande on quality of bike, length of trip etc). i wanted to do it twice hehe
annet_03 says:
I am concerned - do you get back to La Paz in the end of the trip or you stay down? Did you take all your backpacks with you?
Posted on: Nov 12, 2015
joebear1978 says:
Hey I am new to this experience, can you book a bike trip down death rode online, or is it only for once you get there
Posted on: Feb 18, 2008
travelman727 says:
I rode death road in a car. To ride a bike down... you are a braver person than I :-D
Posted on: Aug 17, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Death Road Downhill

Downhill mountain biking down death road!
Well I could just lounge around until the plane......or I could go down Death Road with http://www.downhill-madness.com/catalogo/droad.html. I think you know which one I picked :) This was fantastic… Well I could just lounge around until the plane......or I could go down Death Road with http://www.downhill-madness.com/catalogo/droad.html…
La Paz and Mountain Biking to Coroico
La Paz is a very interesting city, sort of a meeting ground of two cultures, that of the indigenous Aymara indians that have inhabited the altiplano region for hundreds of years and that of new and m…La Paz, the popular tourist route is to do the downhill mountain biking on the so-called Death Road, a now obsolete…

Check La Paz Hotel Deals