Death Railway

Ban Tai, Kanchanaburi, Thailand

Death Railway Kanchanaburi Reviews

Enigmaa Enigmaa
What movies are made of! Jun 08, 2011
Internationally famous, thanks the several motion pictures and books this bridge (The bridge of the river Kwai) is well worth a visit due to its historical significance as well as shear beauty.

Its a short ride away from BKK, so book yourself a tour to Kanchanaburi and combine this attraction with the e.g. tiger temple (see my other review).

The bridge and the railway is not that big, and you might have expected more from a sight with so much fame. Even so, its still good to see, and cross of that historic bucket list you have :)

A tour from BKK to Kanchanaburi should not cost you more than 500 TBH. Expect to leave early morning, and come back late afternoon.
myonnie myonnie
Beautiful Railway Nov 10, 2011
I recommend to reserve a train ticket in advance. It's the most appreciate memory in your life.

more info : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burma_Railway

Pls be noted Thai train usually be late. If you are backpacker, you should plan to visit this place one day and rest in Kanchanaburi
River Kwai Station
on the death Railway

Related Travel Blogs About Death Railway

Death Railway and Elephants
After a mini bus ride back to Bangkok and a few days to take care of laundry we jumped into another mini bus to Kanchanaburi.  On holidays I normally do not look to go to places of sad history, …Death Railway ride is that the train is part of the normal rail service.  We rode it for about 30 minutes from near the elephant farm to near Kanchanaburi
The Land Of Smiles
Arrive in Bangkok and have my pre orgainised transfer to my hotel. I am staying in style here. First thing I notice when leaving the airport is the heat..Instant heat!After checking in I head out int…morning I am up early and joing a tour group to take me out to the Death Railway in kanchanaburi
The Death Railway
After leaving the Thai-Burma jungle, we headed back toward central Thailand - along the infamous "Death Railway." During World War II, the Japanese used slave labor - mostly prisoners of war - … After leaving the Thai-Burma jungle, we headed back toward central Thailand - along the infamous "Death Railway." During World War…

Check Kanchanaburi Hotel Deals