Deam Lake State park

Deam Lake State Recreation Area, United States

Compare Sellersburg Hotel Rates (12.4km away)

Deam Lake State park Deam Lake State Recreation Area Reviews

stonefinder1 stonefin…
Deam Lake State Recreation Area May 09, 2009
Me and my wife wanted to camp at Deam Lake because of the sight it self. We traveled there (50 Miles) from Kentucky to scout the campground this winter and it looked great so we planned a week trip from 4-8 May 2009 with no reservations. We arrived at the camp office and picked out camp sight F-25, It was back in the circle nice and private. We set up camp and our Travel trailer as we normally do. (We camp about every other third week of the summer). We had a great day Monday camping etc, The next morning I went to the shower to clean up and the showers were a community shower. I WAS SHOCKED I had not see that since boot camp back in the 70’s, after the shower (one shower head did not work, and the tiles were broken everywhere especially on the step into the shower) I looked for the sinks and low and behold you had to go outside and go the bathroom area to shave. The sinks were so nasty and old, covered with dead bugs, dirt and who knows what else. I just left to shave and brush my teeth in my trailer. My wife also stated the showers were old with just a shower curtain. I know this is a campground but the website stated (Modern Restrooms) NOT TRUE.

That day they cut grass and the grass cutting guy put all the grass and clippings right out in the road, he made the place look really bad. We went to get some ice and on our way back the road was blocked by logs they were cutting from the ice storm, well by the time we got by 15 minutes later our ice was half melted. The guy seemed to like blocking the road because he took his sweet time clearing the limbs by walking very slow. That morning we also went to the local bait shop and they did not carry fishing license, he told us to go to WalMart to get an out of state fishing license so we did and the system was down. So we drove to Bass Pro Shops and the system was still down so we shopped for 2 hours waiting and it never camp up so we drove back to the camp ground. (40 miles round trip). The next morning I went and purchased the license. (Again another 40 miles round trip). We went to the dock that afternoon and only one dock was accessible as the other docks ramp had fallen into the water and some fisherman had put some pallets in the water to step over the broken ramp. On our way back we saw a car on the the horse trail, had these people tried to 4 wheel and got stuck? (No Security) That evening we were at our campsite sitting at the fire when 3 motorcycles cam down to the circle and started drag racing up and down the hill several times. (No security) On Thursday we fished all day as we had bought 2 out of state 7day fishing license for $40.00 ( priced to high) we caught about 8 keepers and we retired to our camp right about dark and 2 guys in an SUV pulled right into the grass of our campers next door then backed up to a reserved camp sight threw the sand bag that had “reserved” into the woods and we assumed they were camping there. Anyway the next morning we woke up to fish more and lo and behold our fish and basket were cut from a tree( rope still ties to tree) with the SUV gone, the neighbors said they saw the guys from the SUV near our bank. We call the conservation officer form the main office and said if we did not see them take our fish there was nothing they could do. But the damage was done we packed up and left and went back to Kentucky.

I don’t think we will ever return to Indiana to camp again especially at Deam lake. DNR needs to go to Kentucky and look at the Core of Engineer and state campgrounds and do there home work.

Compare Sellersburg Hotel Rates (12.4km away)

Deam Lake State Recreation Area Map