De Vrolijke Pater

Paternosterstraat 6-8, Alkmaar, Netherlands

De Vrolijke Pater Alkmaar Reviews

DanielOostdijk DanielOo…
De Vrolijke Pater Aug 13, 2008
As some kind of 'last family meal', my mother, sister and I ate at Belgian/Flemish Restaurant De Vrolijke Pater (The Happy Lord's Prayer). It was because my sister left on the 13th of August for one year of high school in North Carolina. Located in the city centre of Alkmaar, De Vrolijke Pater has this old, cosy look which attracts a lot of people. That's why it is always full and it's very smart to make a reservation on time.

This was the first time I ate here and I can tell you this: it absolutely won't be my last time! We had a fantastic night. The food was absolutely great. Their speciality is meat dishes, but they also have a lot of special plates with seafood. It's also nice to see that they have daily/weekly specials, which change a lot. The menu is completely written in Flemish 'language'.

At this restaurant, you can really see that they care about how the food looks. Everything looks very nice and you can see that the kooks give every meal their best shot. I got this steamin' frypan with a steak, a chicken filet and a pork tenderloin sandwich, served with fries, bread and salat. You also got two great, tasty sauces. Did I enjoy it? You bet I did! Absolutely fantastic restaurant, can't wait to return!
Half-open kitchen. Always nice.
The interior.